Poll: Trump wants churches packed Easter Sunday. How many of you will take his advice?

Will you take Trump's advice and help pack the churches Easter Sunday?

• Yes. I believe our President and he thinks attending Easter services is a good for the country

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trump wants the churches packed Easter Sunday. Will you go? After all, President Trump only wants what's good for the country, right?

CaptainGoodnight

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2000
He really can't make that call. Governors and local governments make that call. If he does (and I will bet he doesn't) most will just ignore him.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
of course some idiots aren't bothering to wait till Easter. Not only did this pastor hold a service with over a 1300 attendants Sunday, he's planning on the same for next week.

gotta keep those coffers and the gas tanks to his private jet full I guess

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
of course some idiots aren't bothering to wait till Easter. Not only did this pastor hold a service with over a 1300 attendants Sunday, he's planning on the same for next week.

gotta keep those coffers and the gas tanks to his private jet full I guess
It's funny these ass hats are pushing it as some sort of protest against the government trying to shut down Christianity. The first guy is a real douche, he claims that coming to his church has cured people of cancer and HIV.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Approximately 62 million Americans. The same people who thought Donald was honest and effective and rational back in 2016.
Well, 62 million minus the thousands of morons who died already due to Donalds bullshit over the last month.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Last edited:

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
This is a true story that happened last Thursday.
My office has banned all face-to-face meetings to try to at least give some lip service to social distancing, but my manager decided last week that she just could not deal with not having her managers in the room with her when she gave then directives. She decided that it would be too noticeable that we were breaking the ban on meetings if we all went into a conference room so she ordered us to all come to her office for our weekly meeting. So, now a dozen people had to crowd into a room just big enough for a desk and 2 chairs for our meeting. Literally shoulder to shoulder.

Near the end of the meeting one of us asked her if she was not concerned that she would get the coronavirus holding meetings with all of us since she is in the 60ish age range, and each of us are team managers that have 21+ direct reports that we have to face-to-face with daily (no group meetings but our daily face-to-face counselling of our direct reports is still considered mandatory. No, it makes no sense. Welcome to how bureaucracy works.). Her response was to tell us that we didn't notice that she put a bible on her desk between us and her, and that it is scientifically proven that germs can't pass over a bible, so as long as we all stay on the other side of her desk she is protected.

She was not joking. She really believes that germs can't pass over a bible, and that this is scientifically proven.

Luckily starting this week we are closed by order of the City of Dallas.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Third option, no....cuz I don't attend church anyways. I celebrate national zombie day every easter

f8v0Kp9.jpg

• Love

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My office has banned all face-to-face meetings to try to at least give some lip service to social distancing, but my manager decided last week that she just could not deal with not having her managers in the room with her when she gave then directives. She decided that it would be too noticeable that we were breaking the ban on meetings if we all went into a conference room so she ordered us to all come to her office for our weekly meeting. So, now a dozen people had to crowd into a room just big enough for a desk and 2 chairs for our meeting. Literally shoulder to shoulder.

Near the end of the meeting one of us asked her if she was not concerned that she would get the coronavirus holding meetings with all of us since she is in the 60ish age range, and each of us are team managers that have 21+ direct reports that we have to face-to-face with daily (no group meetings but our daily face-to-face counselling of our direct reports is still considered mandatory. No, it makes no sense. Welcome to how bureaucracy works.). Her response was to tell us that we didn't notice that she put a bible on her desk between us and her, and that it is scientifically proven that germs can't pass over a bible, so as long as we all stay on the other side of her desk she is protected.

She was not joking. She really believes that germs can't pass over a bible, and that this is scientifically proven.

So she's "ok", but the rest of you are screwed...

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Id love to say I'm surprised, but I was raised Protestant. Bitches be crazy.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

you can't fix stupid.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I wish a reporter during yesterday's press conference would have asked him what Easter signifies, and why he chose Easter Sunday instead of Good Friday. The simplest answer would be the truth, but he doesn't have a clue, so he would have had to lie and deflect.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and pmv

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
As for me, to expand (slightly on my first post here, I avoid churches just in case there actually is a "God," I don't want to be responsible for the deaths of all the people who would be killed when that "God" caused the building to collapse because I was in it...out of shock that I was there...or out of revenge for my many misdeeds.

Feb 4, 2009
As of now it seems likely my Church will not be having Easter Service.
Could change but conditions would need to change which seems unlikely
There have been Facebook live services.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Bringing in the sheaves... bringing in the sheaves... we shall come rejoicing... bringing in the sheaves....