• US Intelligence agencies

Votes: 35 97.2%
  • Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
"Every time he sees me, he said: 'I didn't do that.' And I believe, I really believe that when he tells me that he means it," Mr. Trump said, noting that Putin is "very insulted" by the accusation. Mr. Trump called the accusation an "artificial barrier" erected by Democrats -- once again casting doubt on the U.S. intelligence community's conclusion that Russia did try to interfere in the election to help Mr. Trump win.

Well I guess that solves it. Trump asked Uncle Vlad, Vlad said no so case closed. What saith the people. Who do you believe?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/trump-says-putin-again-denied-election-interference/

twjr

Jul 5, 2006
Looks like Trump is backtracking on his comments, or at least offering a bit of doublespeak.

He believes that Putin believes Russia wasn't involved but also believes the intelligence communities assessment that Russia was involved.

In a battle for the lesser evil, I can't believe it, but I'm backing the spooks here.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I'm sort of mixed on this...These are the same US intelligence agencies who told us about Iraq and their WMD's...but when it comes to Russia, I don't trust them, I don't like them, and I tend to believe the intelligence agencies when they say Russia interfered with our elections.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well I had my laugh for today.
As to Trump's BIG ADVENTURE i.e. trip, Donald said that he would never call Kim Jong Un short and fat.
I can't believe this moron, Trump not Un, is actually traveling around the world as this countries spokesman yet alone leader.
I'd never call my wife short and ugly, said the mentally challenged town drunk.
I wish I could ask Donald one question, did you go to school?
Did you actually attend any school at any time in your life?
And what the hell drugs were you taking that fried your brain?

I know this is a little off topic, but what Trump said was so incredibly rediculas I couldn't resist.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Do I believe Comrade Trump and Vladimir Putin OR those pros that dabble in intelligence for a living.. mmm.. let me get back to you on that..

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'm sort of mixed on this...These are the same US intelligence agencies who told us about Iraq and their WMD's...but when it comes to Russia, I don't trust them, I don't like them, and I tend to believe the intelligence agencies when they say Russia interfered with our elections.

The difference is that the intel agencies were worked over by Cheney et. al. to get the desired answer. Think yellowcake.

Not so with Russia.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
For someone that keeps insisting that he never colluded with Russia, he certainly acts like someone who colluded with Russia.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I thought I read that Putin denies even talking about election interference with Trump.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Probably one of our resident hardcore right-wing apologists, the sort who'd rather put stock in a Russian dictator than ever question Trump's word.

I thought about doing it as a gag, but then thought otherwise

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004

Consider that you are "jumping the gun" with your shaky inference in the first sentence, given as much truthful information as possible about the CIA and related agencies.

I think it became apparent that the Bush White House, together with elements of the Pentagon, manipulated the CIA to produce their assessment. One of the many narratives that supports my observation about this is the Valerie Plame episode -- or I suspect, off the cuff, that it does.

For my part, I add my own independent observation -- seldom mentioned anymore since early 2016 -- pertaining to the two school terror hoaxes of 2015-2016. Of course, I add some reasonable inferences to the facts -- for instance, the perpetrators where not Middle Eastern terrorists, whose terrorism only traffics in guaranteed violence as opposed to scare stories or hoaxes.

The hoaxes targeted two of the biggest school districts and their respective voting precincts in the US. They were both solidly "Blue" Democratic districts, each within 50 miles of a previous terror "Ground Zero" -- the Twin towers and San Bernardino. The hoaxes occurred within 30 hours prior to each of two major campaign debates or town-halls.* The FBI later determined the IP address origin of the e-mails at the center of the hoaxes, with a location in eastern Germany -- coincident with Putin's stomping grounds in his early career, and a center of hot intelligence activity.

Connecting all the other dots in addition to the documents and pronouncements of the intelligence agencies, Trump might get a benefit of the "reasonable doubt" in the criminal justice system which is biased to protect the innocent. But on basic scientific grounds that admit some sliver of uncertainty -- he is "most likely" a Traitor and Enemy of the People.
====================
*To those naïve about propaganda campaigns and psychological warfare, scaring the wits out of parents inclined toward one political party, with inflammatory messages following from a political candidate, would have a predictable effect toward selling the candidate. What was done -- if it was indeed done in that way according to my view of it -- is still terrorism, still a serious crime.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Putin has been vouched for by the President of the United States of America. That's good enough for me.

Reactions: Thebobo

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't really put much stock in either really.

Why? Not that the US intelligence community should always be trusted without question, but I generally believe a multi-agency consensus based on tangible evidence that lines up with Russia's longstanding history of state-sponsored hacking and social media influence campaigns.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Putin has been vouched for by the President of the United States of America. That's good enough for me.

YOUR so-called "President" of MY country is as legitimate as a toddler in a Moscow whorehouse after bedtime.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
We all know Trump is an excellent judge of character, and only surrounds himself with the best people. Putin must be telling the truth.

Reactions: Indus

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
source.gif

That doesn't actually hurt tump he has no balls.