Poll: Trump changes his answer on not spying on North Korea. "Its not what I meant, it's what I said and that's different"

Would Trump refuse to use the CIA to obtain intelligence on North Korea if it comes from Kim's

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The story broke identifying Kim Jong Un's half brother as a CIA asset. Trump had this as a response...
he wouldn’t allow US to use Kim family as assets

The world correctly interpreted that as he would not spy in North Korea.

Trump was asked about it today as a followup...
Welker asked, "You seem to suggest that yesterday you essentially committing to not spying on North Korea. is that what you meant? Were those those comments interpreted accurately, if so why?"

Trump's response...
“No, it’s not what I meant, it’s what I said and it’s different than, maybe, your interpretation."

WTF??

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/06/donald-trump-bizarrely-says-it-s-not-what

So my question is...
Would Trump refuse to use the CIA to obtain intelligence on North Korea because it comes from Kim's family?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
The story broke identifying Kim Jong Un's half brother as a CIA asset. Trump had this as a response...

Trump's response...

WTF??

So my question is...
Would Trump refuse to use the CIA to obtain intelligence on North Korea because it comes from Kim's family?
Saying you won't drink orange juice doesn't mean that you won't drink Tang.

Anything Strongman Trump says should be suspect. So, I would assume here that he would use Kim family assets for intelligence, and, that he would use non-Kim family assets for intelligence.

If nothing else, Strongman Trump should say he wouldn't use Kim family members as assets, because if there are currently any Kim family members providing intelligence, you don't want to put them in danger/out-of-service.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Trump's response...

WTF??

So my question is...

How you got from Trumps response to "The world correctly interpreted that as he would not spy in North Korea." mustve been a great fuckin bowl, man. Youre naive as fuck if you dont think every administration in the last 50 years hasnt been spying on NK.

Nov 29, 2006
I think he is just saying he wouldn’t use Kim’s family as assets. Not to say they may not come forth with informations but he isn’t seeking them out or pressuring them to assist. As much as I hate Trump, this is reaching, I think.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Trump's response...

WTF??

So my question is...

How you got from Trumps response to "The world correctly interpreted that as he would not spy in North Korea." mustve been a great fuckin bowl, man. Youre naive as fuck if you dont think every administration in the last 50 years hasnt been spying on NK.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Since you speak stupid, if a Kim family member is willing to provide information on Kim and you refuse to use it what does that mean? Also why do you refuse to use information from a Kim family member and at the same time use information from a hostile foreign country on a political opponent?

BTW - The reporter asked the same question because Trump only speaks 4th grade English

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Since you speak stupid, if a Kim family member is willing to provide information on Kim and you refuse to use it what does that mean? Also why do you refuse to use information from a Kim family member and at the same time use information from a hostile foreign country on a political opponent?

BTW - The reporter asked the same question because Trump only speaks 4th grade English
Listen, the best response would have been to say nothing, but if asked, you aren't going to say, "yeah, we'll take intelligence from Kim's sister...oops, she just got shot by a flak gun point blank on state media, nevermind".

Let's not get any more Kim family members murdered by saying stupid shit on Twitter or whateverthefuck passes as communications from the most Republican President in Republican history.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Listen, the best response would have been to say nothing, but if asked, you aren't going to say, "yeah, we'll take intelligence from Kim's sister...oops, she just got shot by a flak gun point blank on state media, nevermind".

Let's not get any more Kim family members murdered by saying stupid shit on Twitter or whateverthefuck passes as communications from the most Republican President in Republican history.
while I agree with you, thrump has a history of open mouth, insert foot, so it's completely possible for donnie do-wrong to leak it unintentionally.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Why havent anyone tested him an that killing someone on 5th?
I cant help but think its extreeeemely easy to set this guy up?

Reporter : "Didnt you say that you, at one time, shot someone on 5th avenue?"
Trump : "What?"
Reporter : "Didnt you say that you, at one time, shot someone on 5th avenue?"
Trump : "No I said I COULD have shot someone blablabla allboutthatbase"
Reporter : "What?"
Trump : "No I said I COULD have COULD have"
Reporter : "Sorry, could or would? Its windy here"
Trump : "I COULD HAVE SHOT SOMEONE AND GET AWAY WITH IT".

I mean with the proper setup you can have him repeat that shit over and over and over... How come noone plays him but Pelosi? How long are you entitled to be in shock cause "omg trump" ... get with the friggin program.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I also don't know how you could get from his comment that he wouldn't spy on NK at all. What he said is that he wouldn't use the Kim family as intelligence assets. Was he lying? Or does he even know how he feels? Or would he be part of the decision anyway? Who knows? Anytime Trump is asked about things he's said which look bad he just about always replies with something inconsistent. He's well known for spewing a lot of bullshit and avoiding responsibility for it.

Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I also don't know how you could get from his comment that he wouldn't spy on NK at all. What he said is that he wouldn't use the Kim family as intelligence assets. Was he lying? Or does he even know how he feels? Or would he be part of the decision anyway? Who knows? Anytime Trump is asked about things he's said which look bad he just about always replies with something inconsistent. He's well known for spewing a lot of bullshit and avoiding responsibility for it.
If we had a normal president, this conversation would never exist in the first place. Never talk about spying. I mean seriously. It''s like I work in a place that to the outside world obviously has things that really blow up good. But guess what, it's denied on an official basis. And a normal president for the same reason never gets close to even the slightest details about our countries surviellance of other countries. People qualified to be president know this.