Poll: Tom Brady or Drew Bledsoe??

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
HAHAHAHAHA

Belichik the Coaching GENIUS of the NFL is a moron.

I thought that Bledsoe should have been given his job back when he came back from Injury, i've always felt Brady was overrated.

Who would you take RIGHT NOW, for this season only.

bpctech

Sep 6, 2001
it's easy to say bledsoe now after seeing last season and the start of this season. But at the time, they had just finished a miraculous season with a super bowl. Brady really is pretty good, last season he led the league in TD passes. The pats have zero running game, and look at a lot of the other guys around him, they aren't that impressive of a team. I think the loss of Milloy and their crappy running game has much greater impacts than having brady over bledsoe. They are pretty comparable QBs in my opinion.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: bpctech
it's easy to say bledsoe now after seeing last season and the start of this season. But at the time, they had just finished a miraculous season with a super bowl. Brady really is pretty good, last season he led the league in TD passes. The pats have zero running game, and look at a lot of the other guys around him, they aren't that impressive of a team. I think the loss of Milloy and their crappy running game has much greater impacts than having brady over bledsoe. They are pretty comparable QBs in my opinion.

to me it's a question of loyalty tho. Bledsoe was NOT over the hill when Belichek decided to go to brady (i know the injury to bledsoe got brady in the game) BUT bledsoe should have been given the opportunity to win his job back.

People b1tch all the time about players not being loyal to teams, here the team was NOT loyal to the player.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
let's be honest, brady does run a good offense. he is similar to Chad Pennington or to compare him to a legend, kind of like Montana.

However, i'd take bledsoe with his great arm and touch over a touch soft throwing leader like brady any day.

also, bldsoe had already proven he would do what it took for the team. he's a good leader with an EXCEPTIONAL arm.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Both are good quarterbacks.

People who think Brady is a fluke didn't watch him play at Michigan.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: mpitts

college performance doesn't mean ANYTHING when evaluating an NFL QB. Ryan Leaf anyone?

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

college performance doesn't mean ANYTHING when evaluating an NFL QB. Ryan Leaf anyone?

OK, so he was a winner at Michigan and he won a Super Bowl. Oh, and he led the NFL in TD passes last year.

Ryan Leaf had one good year at Washington State and..

I agree that success in college tends to mean little when you are in the NFL, but Brady is a good quarterback. He had a tough game today.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

OK, so he was a winner at Michigan and he won a Super Bowl. Oh, and he led the NFL in TD passes last year.

I agree that success in college tends to mean little when you are in the NFL, but Brady is a good quarterback. He had a tough game today.

sorry MPitts, there are soo many 1st round drafted QB's that don't amount to much, Rick Mirer, Jack (can't remember his last name, Colts got him before they got Jeff George), and the list just goes ON AND ON.

College performance for a QB has really very very little bearing on NFL success. What round was Montana drafted?

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Jesus, it's been ONE GAME this season. How can you say Brady is overrated when he was one of the single reasons we won the Superbowl? Bledsoe folded like Oragami when he went to the big game, how can you say Brady doesn't have what it takes?

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Might I add how badly Bledsoe did the year we won the Superbowl? I think we started like 1-4...

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000

sorry MPitts, there are soo many 1st round drafted QB's that don't amount to much, Rick Mirer, Jack (can't remember his last name, Colts got him before they got Jeff George), and the list just goes ON AND ON.

College performance for a QB has really very very little bearing on NFL success. What round was Montana drafted?

I understand your point and tend to agree with it. What I am saying is, based on Brady's performance in the NFL, would you deem him a good quarterback?

You say that college performance has little bearing on NFL success. Well how about winning a Super Bowl or leading the NFL in TD passes? Would that be considered success in the NFL?

The point I was trying to make was this: Brady was a winner in college. He wasn't a quarterback that put up huge numbers. He was smart and knew how to win. People writing him off as a fluke really haven't watched him very closely.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
I understand your point and tend to agree with it. What I am saying is, based on Brady's performance in the NFL, would you deem him a good quarterback?

You say that college performance has little bearing on NFL success. Well how about winning a Super Bowl or leading the NFL in TD passes? Would that be considered success in the NFL?

The point I was trying to make was this: Brady was a winner in college. He wasn't a quarterback that put up huge numbers. He was smart and knew how to win. People writing him off as a fluke really haven't watched him very closely.

i'm not convinced that the PATS couldn't have won the Super Bowl with Bledsoe. He went out with an injury, Belichik System is finally starting to click and NE starts to win games, NOT because of how great Brady's play is but because of overall consistency in the DEFENSE and conservative offense.

Could Bledsoe have put up big numbers? Well, if i remember bledsoe did come in for brady during the playoffs and did well.

IF bledsoe had started the super bowl would they have won?? probably.

oh and btw, the previous superbowl the PATS were in with Tuna as Head Coach, they were helplessly out matched, it wasn't JUST Bledsoe that lost that game.
rolleye.gif