Poll: The Tea Party and many / most of it's followers are? ...

IMO The Tea Party are...

• A disparate group that still represents a legit and underrepresented political view central right.

• A fringe group that doesn't represent the majority of the right / central right.

• A nearly fascist and dangerous political movement.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Going to vote in a lot of R's into office today. Posting more threads about them isn't going to change that.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
hopefully the beginnings of the development of a viable 3rd party, even if I disagree with their political views.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
A group of crazies who, because they are crazy, were separated from the Republican party so that both crazies and more sane folk can both vote Republican in good conscience. Quarantine the mentally ill in their own party that votes Republican so Republicans can attract independents. They are just tools doing some therapy.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
hopefully the beginnings of the development of a viable 3rd party, even if I disagree with their political views.
:thumbsup:

More parties = better than.
The two party system is a complete joke. People who simply disagree with democrats are clumped together with people who think the earth is 6000 years old. If there were maybe 4 parties, the crazies on the ends could sit in the corner and cry while the grown ups try to fix things.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Obviously a diverse group regarding social issues, but bound together economically.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Where is the option for "Stupid hicks that don't understand politics are more than cool sounding slogans"?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Hope and Change!

An awful lot of "hope and change" seems to be invested in the Tea Party and their candidates.

The reality is that "hope and change" are not realistic expectations for government in general and the federal government in particular.

PeshakJang

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2010
An awful lot of "hope and change" seems to be invested in the Tea Party and their candidates.

The reality is that "hope and change" are not realistic expectations for government in general and the federal government in particular.

Which is one of the main reasons that the tea party is so popular... an awful lot of people who bought into Hope and Change are now realizing how much of a farce it was. Don't want to go back to the Republicans quite yet, but want to get as far from the Democrats as possible.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Which is one of the main reasons that the tea party is so popular... an awful lot of people who bought into Hope and Change are now realizing how much of a farce it was. Don't want to go back to the Republicans quite yet, but want to get as far from the Democrats as possible.

Yet they buy into it again so quickly.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
geriatric whacktivists who depend on federal aid but want to cut it....well except their portion.

Oh I laugh at liberal who fear them too. They have to catch you first.. kinda hard at 75, which is the mean from what I've seen on TV.

Lemme tell you something. My dad is worth about 13 M and about had a cow when I told him his SS and medicare needs to go. He's tea-party. That's tea party.

Last edited:

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
A modern day Sturmabteilung.

Take your Godwin card, and shove it up your ass.

Elias824

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2007
I see the tea party as a bunch of people who are frustrated and rightly so with what is going but offer no real solutions.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Campaigning and governing are two entirely different things. I have no hope that the Tea Party's candidates will act/vote any different while governing than the Republicans and Democrats they unseated.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
They are Republicans who are angry at Bush and McCain moderates who are nothing more than Neocons that grow our government against the very soul of conservatism.

They are also completely powerless at this point, as big-gov Reps still run the show. A Republican victory today will weaken the Tea Party further as damage to the Republican Party needs to be their UTMOST goal and accomplishment if they ever want credibility and power. Until the Tea Party splits off or controls the Republicans, a Republican majority will destroy them.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Its a fringe right party. No tea party member was/could honestly call themselves a previously legitimate democrat. Ive seen quite a few dont tread on me stcikers next to mccain palin stickers, but never a tea party slogan next to. an old obama sticker

The gop succesfully piggy backed and ruined what could.have been a great leap back to fiscal conservatism

Aug 23, 2000
Where is the option for "Stupid hicks that don't understand politics are more than cool sounding slogans"?

Then can we start a similar left wing party for the stupid porch monkeys that only vote based on the race of the candidate and if they are going to get free handouts?