Poll: Tea Party Peeps Wiser Than Congress

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
1/3 of Americans think 9/11 was either planned by the government or the government knew about it and did nothing to stop it.
1/2 of Americans think evolution is a lie

People are stupid as hell. Isn't Glenn Beck the #1 show on Fox News? That should tell you something about how stupid the average person is. If those people also think the tea baggers are right, don't worry about it.

Someone in my family recently told me the things Glenn Beck says make a lot of sense. :\

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Someone in my family recently told me the things Glenn Beck says make a lot of sense. :\
To be honest, Beck really isn't that bad. Like Ron Paul, he says a lot of crazy shit but there's usually some truth to what he says.

I saw on clip on youtube where Beck was freaking out about some government conspiracy to steal everyone's information. What was he basing this on? Part of the ToS for some government website (cash for clunkers?) explicitly stated that your computer and all information on it is government property while using this website. The website really does say that, so Beck isn't lying about that. Is he getting a bit carried away? Probably.

I also saw bits of his show where he was going over just how big the US national debt really is if the government had to follow the same accounting standards as everyone else. His numbers were solid and his argument was correct. He then went over the top and started ranting about how we're all screwed and the revolution is coming and all that jazz.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
To be honest, Beck really isn't that bad. Like Ron Paul, he says a lot of crazy shit but there's usually some truth to what he says.

I saw on clip on youtube where Beck was freaking out about some government conspiracy to steal everyone's information. What was he basing this on? Part of the ToS for some government website (cash for clunkers?) explicitly stated that your computer and all information on it is government property while using this website. The website really does say that, so Beck isn't lying about that. Is he getting a bit carried away? Probably.

I also saw bits of his show where he was going over just how big the US national debt really is if the government had to follow the same accounting standards as everyone else. His numbers were solid and his argument was correct. He then went over the top and started ranting about how we're all screwed and the revolution is coming and all that jazz.

Umm, at one point I was part of the company distributing those computers and software. To let you in on a little secret, this was a computer given to dealerships and owned by the government for the purpose of inputting information for cash for clunkers. The fact is, what was stated on the website was correct. Some people like Beck, decided to take that completely out of context and use it to further their own propaganda. There wasn't a kernel of truth in his statement to be found anywhere except that the website did state that.