Poll: Swimming with Trunks or Bikini Briefs ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Only time I did the Speedo thing was on the High School Swim Team. Technically when you swim in practice you should use trunks because they have more drag and technically would make you have to work harder for a fast time. Then slip into the Speedo for a race and swim like a fish.

But don't ever wear a Speedo when water skiing. That'd be very bad if you fell.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I don't swim for fitness or performance, just for fun. When I do swim, it's in trunks or shorts.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Bikini briefs.

If/when I ever get back to the pool for fitness swimming, I'll probably have the courtesy to wear trunks on the deck of the pool and leave 'em on the deck as I do laps in my Speedo.

Can't imagine doing laps in trunks.

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: dolph
jammers

eeeewwwwww! Those are almost as bad as a regular speedo.

My grandfather wears "trunks". Unless you are a competitive swimmer, you should spare us seeing your junk, and wear some boardshorts.

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Board shorts don't really provide much extra resistance, if you want that they make these shorts that go over speedos and they get really baggy and filled with water. I just wear board shorts because they are stylish, comfortable, multi-purpose, and had more than enough speedo wearing when I quit swimming competitively.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
the only time i would ever wear speedos is

a.) in a race
b.) in a water polo game

everything else is trunks, and yes, they provide a good amount of extra resistance. once you start swimming in speedos you'll be amazed at how easy it is.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I used to train and race competitivly. When I was just messing around normally in a pool or teaching swim lessons I always wore trunks. When I was training I wore a drag suit. It's kind of inbetween a speedo and trunks I guess, if you think of a close fitting set of trunks, then cut the legs off that's pretty much it. This is what I'm talking about... I've gone through tons of those, the only ones that last without tearing or changing colors and slowly going seethru are the ones made out of mesh. For racing I wore racing suits, but would change out of them as soon as possible, shorts or one of my other suits were so much nicer, lol.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Originally posted by: dolph
jammers

I never liked jammers, that seam that runs up the crotch tended to shove the, um, stuff to one side or the other which wasn't that comfortable. For racing my aquablade briefs were just fine.