[Poll] Speed limit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: TallBill
It isn't against the law to travel above the speed limit. It is however illegal to travel at an unsafe speed on a certain roadway with certain present conditions.

Yes, I am a licensed police radar/lidar instructor and not speaking out of my ass.

So...I can go 50 on a straight road in sunny weather marked as 25?

Oh, and I go 5-10 over on streets, 10-15 over on highway.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Originally posted by: joesmoke
when I lived in the Inland Empire area it was likely you would be passed by a mom in a minivan if youre going less than 20 over on the freeway... if the freeway was moving.

i consider 10 over to be fairly safe no matter where you are.

Ah yes, good old HWY 10, I remember it well. It's one thing to be in a traffic jam, yet another, to be in a traffic jam moving at 80mph! It's move, move fast, or DIE! This is as close to NASCAR as you can get, high speed, bumper to bumper, white knuckle, nonstop action! You carefully, methodically move your way down to the inside track, hopefully to make your exit, and to get home in time for dinner, but no, here comes Dale Jr. moving up rapidly to fill the gap, ladies and gentlemen, this----- could -----get -----nasty,-------, it's gonna be close!
Hi honey, how was your day.