Poll - Should North Korea be invaded?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Originally posted by: alchemize
How about instead adding a selection:

"We should plan military air strikes to disable the ability to develop nukes, and for the defense of SK for any reprisal attacks. But we should not invade."

This makes more sense than an invasion, however your suggestion carries a very high risk that 2 or 3 nukes (right now) could get lobbed somewhere. That is generally considered a bad thing.

I am not sure what the solution is, but an attack at this moment seems to create more problems (read massive casualties) than people in the region want.

Yes! Much more sense than an invasion. Korea has met all the elements under Article 51 of the UN Charter regarding South Korea but, I don't think regarding the US.
If, however, there is to be either an invasion or an air assault on N. Korea I'd request forty eight hours notice so I may pack and secure transport to Ireland. There is no doubt in my mind that China is a player in all this and may have, among other things, an eye on Taiwan as well as other expansionist leanings to their north. Being a coward I prefer the flee part of the adrenalin rush.