Poll: should an indoor cat wear a collar?

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I think you should just in case the cat runs out when you aren't paying attention. Cats are very curious creatures and this might happen. :)

: ) Amanda

kduncan5

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
My indoor cats have never worn collars. Kind of get the impression that they very much appreciate that too;)

(any time I ever tried to put anything on them, they always tried like h*ll to get it off!:Q ) -kd5-

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I have seen a couple cats manage to get their collar stuck in their mounths while cleaning themselves. It wasn't very fun trying to get the collar back off the one I had to deal with. I ended having to cut it off and had three pretty deap claw marks from my elbow to my wrist as a thanks for my effort.

So no I wouldn't bother for an indoor cat.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: thedarkwolf
I have seen a couple cats manage to get their collar stuck in their mounths while cleaning themselves. It wasn't very fun trying to get the collar back off the one I had to deal with. I ended having to cut it off and had three pretty deap claw marks from my elbow to my wrist as a thanks for my effort.

So no I wouldn't bother for an indoor cat.

then you put the collar on too loose.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Yes, because it is pretty.

Also, when you want to put on a flea collar during flea season, they will already be use to it.

And because it's the law to have tags (at least in my area).

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Yes, because it is pretty.

Also, when you want to put on a flea collar during flea season, they will already be use to it.

And because it's the law to have tags (at least in my area).

Did you notice that the cat lives indoors?