POLL: Proposal - Weekly L4D and/or TF2 game for AT folks

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
How many people would be interested in participating in a weekly game night? Initial discussion puts the game night some time between Wednesday and Saturday, starting some point during the evening. TBA, etc.

How many of you play L4D? How many of you play TF2? I know there's a L4D AT group, is there one for TF2?

If you'd be interested in participating or know anyone who would, please direct them to this thread :)

I have a weird schedule. If the game ends up Sunday-Wednesday, I typically don't get home until 8:30p or 9:00p Pacific. Thurs - Sat I'm free all day.

thankee kindly

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008
Heh I voted for Sunday... didn't realized you get home late on that day. I can play whenever really :p

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Hugh H
Heh I voted for Sunday... didn't realized you get home late on that day. I can play whenever really :p

I'm not the only person involved. There are a couple others who are interested in a regularly scheduled AT game.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Here's an idea for L4D - whenever people are available for play and want to play with AT folks, they can join the Group Chat room and stay in as long as they're available to check in on the room to see if anyone else wants to play. Anyone in the chat room is fair game for another member to message them with a game invitation. That might work well for random L4D pickup games, since the player requirements are so small.

DarkForceRising

Apr 16, 2005
I'm on L4D or TF2 most nights. I even have access to an L4D server that has most of the anti-glitch mods installed.

Drop me a line.
Steamid: DarkNoghri

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
I have both but i don't play TF2.

L4D i play a ton...would be up for an AT night.

I already play tons with friends & another forums, so i'm certainly game.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
I'm good for most days. I haven't played TF2, I own it but haven't installed it, is it any good (new to TF2 friendly)? I have just stuck with CS:S mostly and now L4D...

DarkForceRising

Apr 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Tiamat
I'm good for most days. I haven't played TF2, I own it but haven't installed it, is it any good (new to TF2 friendly)? I have just stuck with CS:S mostly and now L4D...

It's fantastic. For the friendly thing, you do need to pick the right server. The one thing that might turn you off is that there are no real machineguns/assaultrifles/smgs. A guy I know refused to play it for pretty much that reason. He played CS.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: DarkForceRising

It's fantastic. For the friendly thing, you do need to pick the right server. The one thing that might turn you off is that there are no real machineguns/assaultrifles/smgs. A guy I know refused to play it for pretty much that reason. He played CS.

Yeah, that's why i'm a little hesitant. My roommate raves about all the upgrades, I guess he likes playing as the medic. I just installed it, there wasn't any single player mode so that I could try it out, so I guess ill log into one of the n00bunlimited servers to test it out tomorrow.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006

Yeah, that's why i'm a little hesitant. My roommate raves about all the upgrades, I guess he likes playing as the medic. I just installed it, there wasn't any single player mode so that I could try it out, so I guess ill log into one of the n00bunlimited servers to test it out tomorrow.

Haha. I play on the NU servers all the time, mostly in the CS:S gungame server. Everybody there knows me as Buttcrack :p

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Nik

Haha. I play on the NU servers all the time, mostly in the CS:S gungame server. Everybody there knows me as Buttcrack :p

LOL, I'm usually on the office server as Jonomega. The achievement system in L4D and probably TF2 along with the upgrades might get me interested. The cartoon looks has me having some doubts though.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
LOL, I'm usually on the office server as Jonomega. The achievement system in L4D and probably TF2 along with the upgrades might get me interested. The cartoon looks has me having some doubts though.

The cartoonish aspect to it really does add character to the game. It's loads of fun. I usually play a Soldier or a Medic with some Sniper thrown in at random to piss off the engineers trying to build turrets :evil:

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Aflac
Here's an idea for L4D - whenever people are available for play and want to play with AT folks, they can join the Group Chat room and stay in as long as they're available to check in on the room to see if anyone else wants to play. Anyone in the chat room is fair game for another member to message them with a game invitation. That might work well for random L4D pickup games, since the player requirements are so small.

I like this idea. I am usually playing either TF2 or L4D after 8pm every week day

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
It's easier for us to play TF2 together than L4d since only 8 of us can play L4D together and a hell of a lot more can play TF2.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I'm typically free on Tuesday and Friday nights for TF2. Still not motivated to buy L4D after replaying the demo once again.

KT

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
It just depends on what time of the evening, especially since I'm MST now. I haven't played in forever, but with a constant schedule it'll be easier to remember to play with you all.

(TF2 for me, haven't bought L4D)

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
I'm available most nights. Don't have L4D yet but I'll probably get it soon.

Where would the server be located?