POLL: Pick my daughter's cast color!!!

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Ok my daughter is going in to have surgery on her hip on Tuesday (your thoughts/prayers are appreciated).

Regardless, my wife has posted a thread on her "Mom/Parenting" msg board and letting them pick the color of my little girls cast. Please see LINK

So I thought I'd call on the collective throbbing brain of ATOT to counter their girly picks. So vote away please!

FYI: this is a "full body cast" stretching from her chest down to the tops of her toes that she will be wearing for ~13 weeks She will get 1 cast change half-way through: PICTURE thats not my little girl though... (hers should not have that cross brace (praying))

PunDogg

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
awww pooor baby, hope everything goes well, in that pic she does not look happy . you had better MAKE her happy or else hehe

Dogg

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: TwinkleToes77
Pink! for girls!

If its not too personal.. can we find out whats wrong with her?

No prob at all Twinkle... I should have put it in my original post.
She was diagnosed with hip displasia (LINK) at her 2 month check up. We've gone through a series of braces and such but at the last (and final) check up it really hadn't gotten any better... so surgery is the "last" resort at this point.

Its nothing HORRIBLE per se (theres a million worse issues she could have had), but when its your kid, even a bruised knee can make you worry.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: PunDogg
awww pooor baby, hope everything goes well, in that pic she does not look happy . you had better MAKE her happy or else hehe

Dogg

That aint my kid... thats just a picture of a kid with the cast. :)

THAT is my kid... albeit some very old pictures... man I gotta update that stuff.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
My daughter has had 2 casts, one for her forearm and one for her entire leg. She went with purple for both so I voted purple for your daughter. :)

Why does you little girl need such a monstous cast Homer? :( (thanks for answereing this question while I was asking it :) )

Jackhammerz

Jan 25, 2004
The prayers are already sent. Just ask and it shall be given unto you. Anyways why not black. It hard to get black dirty.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Jackhammerz
The prayers are already sent. Just ask and it shall be given unto you. Anyways why not black. It hard to get black dirty.

well I dont think my wife would go for black on our little girl... not to mention the heat issues. She be in this thing mid-june in Wisconsin.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If anyone cares, the final decision was given to the doctor. We told him "Blue or Purple... surprise us"

And he slapped a big fat purple one on my little one. The good news is that he left her left leg un-cast and it only goes down to her ankle on her right so that was somewhat of a relief.

Little girl is doing fine and is happy as she was before... albeit a lot heavier.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Azraele
Glad to hear she's doing well, even if she's in a purple cast. :)

HAHH yeah. You guys picked blue, my wife's poll picked purple... so we let the Doc choose.
She does get a cast change in 6 weeks, so we'll go blue then.

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
blue...just b/c it's my favorite color...hope everything goes okay with your daughter!