POLL: Obama leading Romney among veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
As an active military man myself if I were to vote for one or the other based only on their overseas policies I'd rather vote for Obama. Even though I highly disagree with sending troops to Africa along with the Lybia mission he at least is bringing a reasonable close to the Bush wars.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I'm happy with the fact that we've essentially gutted AQ over the past 3 years, and not just OBL, nearly the entire leadership of it. It may help obviate the perceived need for future foreign wars.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
First: Where is the poll information, I don't see a link in the story and it barely gives the data.

Second: Once RP exits stage left, I would expect this to change quit a lot as RP currently is the leader when it comes to military support among current candidtates.

Third: Huffpo, rofl.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I can see why. These men would be trying to vote for the least likely man to send them into Iran. Not that stopping nuclear proliferation is bad - but if Afghanistan and Iraq were examples of how we fight wars... who the fuck in their right mind would EVER support that?

Our methodology is horrible and excels only at costing Americans their blood and coin. Based on that merit alone I'd vote for Obama too.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Huffpo, it is like wikipedia but with fewer controls and sources and therefor far less reliable.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
First: Where is the poll information, I don't see a link in the story and it barely gives the data.

Second: Once RP exits stage left, I would expect this to change quit a lot as RP currently is the leader when it comes to military support among current candidtates.

Third: Huffpo, rofl.

I think it already has changed, there was a thread earlier with Obama leading in military donations now. The shift certainly will not goto Romney, which is fascinating because (liberals correct me if I am wrong) it would be the first time in history a Democrat has gained more military support as opposed to a Republican. Well, if you count Romney as a Republican anyway.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
It's HuffPo reposting a reuters.com article.

Rueters should have a link with the poll questions and results though...

Status
Not open for further replies.