Poll: Northern France - 1943 "Evil Nazi"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dameon

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
They are doing this to play some sick game. They will end up killing you anyway... it's just to f!#@ with your brain and exercise one thing.... POWER. They want proof they have power over you and can make you dance like a trained bear. Well, bite at least one head off before you go. Given the situation.... yes, I'm going to shoot the bastard trying to play God with me during the last moments. I'll die on my feet rather than "maybe" live on my knees.
IF you survived the encounter, it's likely the same sacks of crap would come up to you again and pull the same thing all over again to get their jollies all over again. It's like the "ladies" in Shawshank Redemption.... Better to kill them when you have the chance.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000

<< They are doing this to play some sick game. They will end up killing you anyway... it's just to f!#@ with your brain and exercise one thing.... POWER. They want proof they have power over you and can make you dance like a trained bear. >>

Perhaps if this was a public execution in a town-center type situation, but the situation is in the morning (when the streets are least crowded), so I doubt they're trying to convince other people of their power (if they were, they'd do it in front of a group of people: the more people you can intimidate per killing, the more efficient), they're probably not trying to convince you of their power as they're killing you (in 10 seconds, your opinion of them and their ability to intimidate will be moot), and considering the fact that they have guns, there's not much they're proving anyway (people without guns tend to obey and bow down to people with guns, even if they're not the ones being killed at the time).

I dunno if this made sense, if not, I'll rephrease it in the morning. G'night.

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
They're trying to convince themself of their power. He probably has a small wee-wee.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Its really a no brainer, you'd have to shoot the officer with your one bullet. If you shoot the kid you're a coward and they might kill you anyway. If you do nothing you die. If you shoot the officer you die but so does he.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Oh, ok, since we're ignoring logic, I forgot to mention, Hitler is across the street, and if you shoot him, you get a 10,000 point bonus and a free trip to Hawaii.

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
hehe i see where others are coming from, but you got a good logic going there pretender :) as for me i refuse to answer what i would do... just the thought of it drives me insane, i dunno what i would do! best thing to do is not to fall in such a situation :)

DaLeroy

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2000
got another option guys...Grab the gun, hold it to the officer's head, and make all the other soldiers put their guns down. Then chuck them in the car and whack a couple of grenades underneath it :) Only people who die are the bad ones :)

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
LOL, they're Nazis, not American soldiers. I doubt they'd give a damn about their fellow soldiers enough to put down their guns.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
ok, what type of reasoning is that? it makes no sense to me.

even if they are nazi's, there is always a comradery between soldiers and countrymen.

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
i dunno, i wouldnt pretend being the vindicator of justice, when your life is on the line you dont know what you would do for real... for many, i am sure the choice is certain when you run into life or death situation like that all of a sudden... unless you are Superman or Jesus that is...

Nick Stone

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
I'll give it a shot.
Notice that the officer who's speaking is not now armed. Take one bold step toward the children while screeming at them and pointing the gun toward them. This scares them, they scatter, while slightly diverting the attention of the four gunmen.
You then dive between the unarmed SS officer and the car door (it offers some protection) Shoot this officer while diving into the front seat and pulling the dying officer on top of you. You then tell the stunned driver to get out of the car while shoving the gun into his ribs. (He probably doesn't know that the gun had only one bullet). He opens the door while you punch the clutch with your left hand and the gas with your right. The car lurches forward at top speed while bullets fly everywhere around you.
and the driver falls to the pavement. 1/2 block later you sit up a little and attempt to drive the car away.

How did figure it out? I saw the movie. ;)

pen^2

Banned
Apr 1, 2000
nick stone, the point you fsck with nazi under they rule you are bound to get your ass sent to a concentration camp or slain... cowardly it may sound if you stay out of trouble you may live.