Poll: Next Batman: What do you think should be done with it?

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Read the thread regarding Eddy Scsihands...and I didn't want to crap the thread. SO...

Here's what I want.

Michael Keaton was perfect for the role. He bulked up for the role, and looked damn respectable in the batsuit. He also was sophisticated as Bruce Wayne. Just made Batman a respectable character. There definitely has to be a new Batman, In my opinion, Val Kilmer was okay. A lot better than Clooney. If he's a no name, that's fine...just need someone who's suave, sophisticated, and strong.

Directors. Um...accept no substitute, Tim Burton should be brought back. Why wasn't he? He was great! Captured the dark mood that surrounds batman

Umm...it sucks that the Joker was killed off in the first batman...the Joker is just plain bad ass. Two-Face...umm...Tommy Lee Jones is a great actor...but what he portrayed wasn't really Two-Face. The Riddler was cool....the Penguin was good too. What the F8ck did they do with mr. freeze? My God...Mr. Freeze is awesome. Now what they gotta do, is bring in Mr. Raisch(sp?) Algul. The eternity dude. With that, you'll have a beautiful babe(his daughter) like every batman movie needs.

As for the Batmobile...the First one was the most bad ass batmobile. Bat wing...goes to the first one too.

Umm...That's it

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I agree, Michael Keaton was perfect for the role...couple that with Jack doing the Joker and that movie was GOLDEN :) Ditto on the Batmobile and BatWing. The last two Batmobiles were to fruity.

And what's up with the fargin fruity colors in the last two Batman movies? Batman isn't about colors, it's about darkeness. Schumacher needs to lay of the damn CRACK!

Schumacher sucks hard. I don't think the guy ever picked up a comic in his life.

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
I vote for Johnny Dep. With those facial expressions, he should be able to do a great job.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I'll go with Jellybaby on this one.

Please tell us what we've done to deserve more of this punishment!!

Whatever it is, I'll stop. I promise.

amish

TheKingAnt

Oct 9, 1999
I think the new director (the guy that directed Pi) should be able to do a pretty decent job. Hopefully it'll be like the first Batman. Or at least the second. They've just been getting worse and worse.

KingHam

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
There are currently 2 Batman movies in production. Batman: Year One, which will star Ben Affleck as a young Batman and Batman Beyond based on the WB cartoon.

Red,

James Cameron is directing a Spiderman movie and I think that Christian Bale is going to play Peter Parker. I'm not sure about that though.

KingHam

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Red Dawn,

I've heard that Spiderman has just been cast. Peter Parker will be played by actor Toby Maguire (sp?) from the movie the Cider House Rules. I think that it is set to start filming early next year.

Personally, I think that Jude Law (Fabulous Mr. Ripley & Gattica) would have been an excellent choice as Spiderman.......... but I guess we shall see.

Anybody hear anything about a Fantastic 4 movie?

Cheers,
Aquaman

ForeverSilky

Banned
Apr 6, 2000

<< Anybody hear anything about a Fantastic 4 movie? >>

If there is ever one made (which i doubt) let's hope it's not as pathetic as the fantastic four video game.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
There are tons of comic book movies in development. Off the top of my head:

Blade 2
Fantastic 4 (not even close to production last I heard)
Iron Man (Tom Cruise is rumored to be interested)
Ghost Rider (Nick Cage might play Johnny Blaze in this one......)
Spider Man
X-Men 2
2 Batman Movies
Alien Legion
Black Panther

Personally I'm looking forward to Blade 2. The original was good, and if they keep the formula close to the original I'll be satisfied with it.

The problem with Batman is they've used most of Batman's popular archvillians already. That's why they have to do stuff like Year One and Beyond.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Move aside Michelle Pfeiffer! They should cast Roseanne as the arch villainess from Hell! She'd look great in a catwoman suit. ;)

I bet she can kick really high! And her tumbleweed attack (killer tomato style) is deadly! :p

Dear Me (Lorrie Morgan)