Poll: Moral Dilema: Would you hook up with your roomate's sister?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
Even the cleanest girl could have a disease, don't judge a book by its cover: Always wrap it up.

MustPost

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
*music from friends* Your jobs a joke, your broke your love life's DOA *end music*

I thought this kind of stuff only happends on TV shows like friends where it happends about 5 times a season

Aihyah

Banned
Apr 21, 2000
ah, no sister of your own eh? very bad. just know we're very protective of our sisters. hurt her and he'll inflict pain on your ass.

reminds me of that friends eps. where ross warns chandler that if he hurts his little sister he'll kick chandlers ass. its funny because its so true:) its what we think even if we don't say it.

Elita1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Before you decide, think WHY she would be hitting on you so bad. I'm not saying you're not a stud, but girls around that age do tend to be extremely flirty and then when you make a move they say "omiGOD, like, what was he THINKING? I'm no slut!" ignoring the fact that they ooze sex appeal on purpose.
Be wise in your actions and always take into account the long term reppercussions.
Good luck!

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
I agree w/ the mouth thing:)

that might keep her from saying thing to her brother..

More than likely if you do she will tell.. She is probally looking for a way to tick off her brother and screwing his friends would sure do it..

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh yeah, she'll tell him for sure. Don't fall for her little power game.

roid

May 24, 2001
I'm with Danny too, and I must also emphasize that woman come and go too, and she will probably go.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
ptf go for it. You're young, you're stupid, and she's damn tempting.

You only live life once, have some fun. Just don't get caught.

Blundar

Golden Member
Oct 19, 2000
bang the b1tch :) and use a rubber too!!! (that is use a rubber also not use two rubbers)

JohnnyKnoxville

Platinum Member
Feb 24, 2001
I just want to know wtf is the brothers problem.Last time I checked you're adult when you reach 18.What I would do is kick the bros azz and then nail the sis,teach him to stay out of her buisness

FriedToast

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
She's an adult now. Hers and your decision. BUT, if you DO do anything, don't hide it. There's no reason to be shifty about it. He can either deal with it or go away. Might want to have her talk to him about it beforehand. And she will if she REALLLLY wants to screw you that badly. If she won't, then she doesn't care as much for sleeping w/ you, but moreso the game of sleeping around and not letting her brother find out (maybe she enjoys the little games of seeing brother get mad at guys she's slept with).

Either way, be careful, but be honest.

Presence

Golden Member
May 8, 2001
Who cares if he doesnt re-new his living arrangements with you, you will always be able to say

" HAHAH I BAGGED YOUR SISTER FOOL!! "

Opputuinities like that dont come ofter :)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
OK.....she suggested it...so why the HELL are you asking us? Why aren't you having sex this very moment? Get the hell out of here!!

gnoymyguy

Mar 7, 2001
Right on Kami:D These things don't require conscience, your little bud down below does the thinking in these situations-go on, listen to it-Tyler Durden says-You are not your apartment. Live in the streets if you have to:Q

LadyTech

May 29, 2001

<< I say don't do it... as you said yourself, it's not going to be something serious... why give up your roommate and betray his trust for just a fling? Even if he's just a normal friend, he still gave you his trust...

I propose that you sit down and talk to your friend, tell him what has been happening (like what his sister has been doing) and see how he feels... if he is still against it, then I think you should respect that and just be friends with his sister... maybe his attitude will change when he finds out his sister really likes you...
>>

I have to agree with this..just try to remain calm and logical during the discussion. There must be some reason he doesn't want YOU to be with her (you said you were not best friends). If his only reason is &quot;Cuz he said so&quot;.. I'd accept it, but start looking for another roommate. As someone else pointed out, he may start being anal about other things.

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
MaiThai, judging by your responses to the suggestions so far, it sounds like you've already made up your mind to have sex with her, you're just looking for validation for your feelings that her brother doesn't have a right to tell her what to do.

I'd kill my brother if he went around telling people that he didn't want them involved with me, but then again, I'd never even consider sleeping with any of his friends.

If you're serious about having sex with this girl, you should be prepared for the fallout with her brother - is it more important to you to get laid or to have a good relationship with your roommate? Since he's been clear that he wants you to leave her alone (whatever his reasons are), unless you plan on addressing the issue directly with him and announcing you're going to sleep with his sister, you can't say you weren't warned about how he'll feel about it all.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR!

Duh.. your roomate can't tell you what to do - even if it is his sister. If his sister is a slut then that's her fault and his shame and he can't try to make her look better than she is.

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
I have a great idea.

Get a web cam and document the whole thing.
If he finds out, tell him if he retaliates you will post the
whole deed on the web.

Genius, pure genius :)

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I used this line yesterday, but it so fits here..

Dude, it's your duty, to tap that booty.:D

MaiThai

Jun 4, 2001
Ok... just to set things straight:

No, she is not a slut. I know how many there have been and it's not that many. She apparently just likes me a lot. There is no sort of just doing it to play games with her brother, cuz they don't even see each other that much(she's visiting from out of state) and they don't have kind of relationship.

Of course I would wrap it up... I always do.

Yes, he knows what she does cuz she does not hide it. But he has not done anything yet.

I must live a weird TV life, cuz this $hit does happen to me. I had a guy one time that wanted me to sleep with his wife. Now that is weird! But I did NOT cuz I won't cross that line. Too bad though cuz she was a hottie, *sigh*.

To be honest, I used to fight in competitions... so I'm not worried about him kicking my ass. I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty, but he would loose.

If I did the &quot;mouth thing&quot;, I might as well go all the way cuz he wouldn't like that either.

Chrichtonsgirl: Everyone needs validation. :D No, I didn't already have my mind made up, but through the discussion I started leaning towards the fact that he really has no right to say anything.

As for my final decision.... :p