POLL: Messed up mp3's on filesharing services? Conspiracy?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Ameesh
you are stealing music, stop complaining when the quality is not as good as you would like it to be. get a fvcking job and buy your music you worthless POS OR stop whining.

Hey, Ameesh !
Learn the differerence between someone asking the opinion of this community about a thoughtful question that he had, and about someone complaining. If you think he was complaining, you have no clue bud ! You missed his point, he was asking if the RIAA was behind the noise issue.

Also, why the personal attack ???????
You called him a POS.. if i did that.. i know i would be banned for my lower post count.. lol

By the way, learn what whining means too :)

This comment made my morning ! thank you Ameesh

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: ajpa123
you are stealing music, stop complaining when the quality is not as good as you would like it to be. get a fvcking job and buy your music you worthless POS OR stop whining.

Hey, Ameesh !
Learn the differerence between someone asking the opinion of this community about a thoughtful question that he had, and about someone complaining. If you think he was complaining, you have no clue bud ! You missed his point, he was asking if the RIAA was behind the noise issue.

You called him a POS.. if i did that.. i know i would be banned for my lower post count.. lol

God bless you kind sir for contriving the words I could not :beer: :D :beer:

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: acemcmac

Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Screetchy MP3s? Send me one, please. I'd like to pass one through my sound system at max amplification and attempt to collect damages from the RIAA.
Lol, somehow I don't see that working...
Do you know how the American legal system works? If you sue for somthing absolutely stupid like that, you win. And it's not actually stolen music, because the first 30 seconds of the song are all that's included - what's the legal limit without having to license? 30 seconds. That's a safety measure so nobody can call them hypocrites. Now if I can just find a semi-reliable source where the RIAA acknowledges this counterattack...

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: acemcmac

Screetchy MP3s? Send me one, please. I'd like to pass one through my sound system at max amplification and attempt to collect damages from the RIAA.
Lol, somehow I don't see that working...
Do you know how the American legal system works? If you sue for somthing absolutely stupid like that, you win. And it's not actually stolen music, because the first 30 seconds of the song are all that's included - what's the legal limit without having to license? 30 seconds. That's a safety measure so nobody can call them hypocrites. Now if I can just find a semi-reliable source where the RIAA acknowledges this counterattack...
:Q OWNED!!!

If you ever make it to the court, PM me your laywer's number so I can join in :D

ViRaLRuSh

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2002

Hey, Ameesh !

Apparently Ameesh doesnt have a job with his post count LOL. What a loser...

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Poll results:
All but two of the 80 some-odd people that voted believed that the RIAA was directly responsible... Guess I should have known?

it's not that we "believe" they are responsible, we KNOW they are. they have admitted it.

TC2181

Banned
Nov 20, 2003
how loud is the distortion? I've never downloaded stuff off Kazaa or anything so I wouldn't know. Is it something that would make you jump, and immediately reach for the dial to turn it down?

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: NoSkillz

Hey, Ameesh !

Right, because we all know that post count is tied directly to your employement status. I may disagree with ameesh on occasion, but he has made it pretty clear where he works and judging from the pics of his place, he makes phat cash.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: TC2181
how loud is the distortion? I've never downloaded stuff off Kazaa or anything so I wouldn't know. Is it something that would make you jump, and immediately reach for the dial to turn it down?

Sometimes. Other times, it's just garbled music, or it repeats the same 30 seconds over and over.

ViRaLRuSh

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Elemental007
Originally posted by: NoSkillz

Hey, Ameesh !

Right, because we all know that post count is tied directly to your employement status. I may disagree with ameesh on occasion, but he has made it pretty clear where he works and judging from the pics of his place, he makes phat cash.

fine, then I guess he is just an A-Hole :)