poll: LOTR!! **The official Legolas vs. Haldir thread**

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
to settle a dispute between a few people here, post who you think is a better character and why. Thanks :)

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
A better character would be Legolas. Why? Because he's in much more of the books than Haldir.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Haldir dies in the movie, so that should answer your question there.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Legolas is hardcore yes but Haldir was pretty cool too
granted he does die though so that sucks

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: dethman
who the hell is haldir.

The Elf that meets the fellowship for the first time when they run into Lothlorien.

"The dwarf breathes so loudly we could have shot him in the dark." - Haldir

amish

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
who the hell is haldir
I forget his exact title in the books, but he was the Captain of the elven archers that marched in to defend Helms Deep. He was the one who went to King Theoden and said that the alliance between Elves and Men is renewed.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
haldir, definitely.

Legalos is just eye candy, but Haldir is a badass mofo who commands an army.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Emos
who the hell is haldir
I forget his exact title in the books, but he was the Captain of the elven archers that marched in to defend Helms Deep. He was the one who went to King Theoden and said that the alliance between Elves and Men is renewed.

Wait. I haven't read the books since fifth grade (7 years ago), but the elves don't come to Helm's Deep, I thought. Wasn't it just Orcs vs humans, or I am mixing stuff up again?

<--- really has to re-read the books :eek:

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Yah well there's a lot of stuff different from the books. I'm working through TTT again, but in FOTR for instance, there was absolutely none of that stuff with Saruman at all. And Eowyn does not save Frodo after he gets stuck....the hobbits and Stryder make it to Rivendell on their own.