POLL:Little bastard in dojo - Should I let it go?

Dec 28, 2001
Alright, there's this little sh!t in the dojo that I can't stand anymore. I've promoted on a slower rate than others (2~3x slower), and now he's surpassed me (when I first moved over to the dojo, he wasn't even in it). But that's not the problem.

Last year, at the inner-school tournament (there's about 20 branch dojos off of the main one - I'm from a branch, and he's also from a different branch), my friend Josh beat him in sparring and he threw a hissy fit, crying and calling the judge's decisions bullsh!t and such . . . his instructor had to take him to the side and talk to him separately in front of the grandmaster - a HUGE loss of face.

Anyhoo, flash forward to last month - we had promotions. And I chose to spar him as my first partner. Now, let me clarify - I've gone through promotion led by my instructor (we pride ourselves on bring one of, if not THE hardest club in our school and he beat us). And we were told SPECIFICALLY to spar light-to-no contact, and that fvcker goes hard contact - as he didn't have to go through the promotion, and the round ends, so I stop - but that dumbass doesn't - he gets pulled out by the instructors and gets reprimended, and i go on with promotion. BUT (this is what really pisses me off) he walks over to the grandmaster, tried to convince him that it was MY fault (even though the grandmaster saw what happened), and then after that, walks over to me and makes smalltalk after I promoted. Now, this is promotion, so I didn't want my instructor to lose face and I was tired, so I politely ignored him after making small talk, but now that I think about it more and more, I want to smash his face in despite that fact that as a role model for the kids I teach, I should keep it under control . . . should I?