Poll: Is Trump the first supercilious president?

Is Trump the most supercilious president

• Yes, the first and therefore the most

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not the first, but yeah, he is super supercilious

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • He's really just a big butterscotch male cat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If not the first, he's for sure the most.

Supercilious definition: Behaving or looking as though one thinks one is superior to others

Nov 29, 2006
I think he is the worst supercilious person ever because to everyone else its obvious he is not, but he is to dumb to notice.

Feb 4, 2009
Thinking now, I think I'll take Dick Nixon for runner up but he can't touch the Donald for top spot all time.

I’m not old enough to know Nixon but I’ve read he wanted to be king too.
He even bought back the trumpet/announcer position. That is a guy who walks around with a trumpet to play before the President enters the room. He may shout out the announcement too.

Reactions: Muse

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I'll go along with they all are. I think it comes with the job. Trump probably is the best at it though, and probably Kennedy and Nixon. Oh lets not leave out Bill Clinton.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I think there are more nuances to the word than the definition given. It's not the first word I'd think of in relation to Trump. It's one of his secondary characteristics, true. But he's not very good at being supercilious because he's too prone to lapse into jumbled word-salad. To be properly supercilious I think you need a minimum degree of articulacy. Stephen Fry, say, does superciliousness well, if only for comedic purposes.

Also there always seems to be an obvious insecurity not far from the surface with Trump. Again, I don't think that helps put across the full supercilious effect.

Reactions: Muse
Feb 4, 2009
I'll go along with they all are. I think it comes with the job. Trump probably is the best at it though, and probably Kennedy and Nixon. Oh lets not leave out Bill Clinton.

My opinion on Bill is he certainly must have been, some degree is a job requirement.
Bubba hid it well which is a good thing.

The McDonalds thing with him was fun & funny. The Presidential limo stopping at a McDonalds drive thru is funny, him jogging to McDonalds is funny.
Trumps sloth like obsession about KFC isn’t funny it’s weird. Trumps beliefs on rest being critical to health more so than diet is sad. Not sure why I think it’s the approachability and person.

Reactions: pcgeek11

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump is more correctly identified as a narcissist. He may not always think he's the smartest person in the room but he always believes he's the most important.

Reactions: Pohemi