Is Ron Paul fit for Presidency?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
As a conservative leaning individual, I voted no.

angrydog.jpg

Ron Paul would be the greatest president this country has ever had. I voted yes. Ron Paul 2012 :thumbsup:

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
I voted "not sure", but then considering what has been in office the last 10 years and what is currently running, I am not sure about my vote in this poll. I am not sure how to define "fit" as it doesn't seem that much is needed to be the president nowadays.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
angrydog.jpg

Ron Paul would be the greatest president this country has ever had. I voted yes. Ron Paul 2012 :thumbsup:

How, exactly, would he be the greatest ever?

His economic policies would return us to the 19th century. Returning to the gold standard would almost instantly destroy our ability to be an effective export country, it would open us up further to countries depreciating their currencies and flooding our country with cheap goods, it would instantly trigger huge amounts of wealth redistribution to the upper classes, inevitably triggering riots and/or revolution.

His definition of "rights" would return us to the 19th century. Gays, women and african americans (as well as other minorities) would suffer huge setbacks in rights. More riots/revolutions.

What I don't understand is what was so fucking great about the 19th century? Does anybody even know how much life sucked then?

We have achieved *HUGE* strides in making and keeping this country as the best in the world. We have problems but reverting back to 100+ years ago isn't the way to solve problems, it's hearkening back to what never really was. In the 99 years since the Federal Reserve was created we went from a country barely on the world stage to the greatest economic superpower on the planet. In the last 100 years we have improved the rights, health, wealth of every person in this country.

What the fuck is so appealing to reverting back?

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
No, we don't need radicals who would be very damaging and undermine all kinds of rights for people - even while he did some other things better than other politicians.

If he weren't so bad on so much, it'd be tempting to have him for one term just for some house cleaning on some policies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yes, as schneiderguy said, he'd be the best President ever. Even better than John Tyler.

It looks like he's going to be our next President because he has more delegates than the others from Iowa. The MSM doesn't want you to know that though, but his campaign has been on the phone with more pledged delegates from Iowa than was reported by the MSM.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
No, we don't need radicals who would be very damaging and undermine all kinds of rights for people - even while he did some other things better than other politicians.

If he weren't so bad on so much, it'd be tempting to have him for one term just for some house cleaning on some policies.
Obama is a lot better at undermining rights for all kinds of people than Dr. Paul is.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather a few States be tyrannical than the whole union.

Oct 30, 2004
I don't see why he's any more or less fit than any of the other candidates. Since all of the other candidates are unfit, he's thus unfit too.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
I voted No. However to be clear I don't think ANY of the candidates, Obama included, are qualified to be President.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm not a Paul supporter, but of course he's fit to be the President. Look at the clown we have in there now.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I voted yes. He is fit to be President, even if I disagree with some of his positions. Like mono said, he is leaps and bounds above Pres. Bush-lite (aka Obama).

Aug 14, 2001
He's fit to be the Grand Wizard of the KKK, but he's not fit to be President of the US. The man is a monster.

IonusX

Dec 25, 2011
that's debatable.

i demand to see an EKG.

hes far more alive than Dick Cheney..

and look no matter how u slice it he will probably can alot of useless legislation we still have and i guarantee you he would cut the TSA off at the waist if not torch the whole organization

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Yes, as schneiderguy said, he'd be the best President ever. Even better than John Tyler...
Your admiration for the executive skills of Warren G. Harding and John Tyler imply that you value incompetence above all else in a president.

Is this also the motive for your support for Dr. Paul?

Last edited:

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
your obama greatly lowered the bar for president. He can't run on his record. It's so bad even his inner circle won't mention it. It's going to be a scorched earth negative campaign for your obama. He has no choice.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Your admiration for the executive skills of Warren G. Harding and John Tyler imply that you value incompetence above all else in a president.

Is this also the motive for your support for Dr. Paul?
No, and they weren't incompetent.

Just because they weren't unitary executives doesn't mean they were incompetent.