Poll: Internet Explorer vs. Netscape vs. Other :D

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

orestes

Oct 1, 2000
Opera (4.02)! Although occasionally, some pages won't load, probably because of some psycho HTML, so I load up IE5.0. The Mozilla nightly betas consume way too much RAM, and Netscape already has one foot in the grave, especially with the version 6 preview releases.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Opera's great if you have the same hald dozen or so websites you check every time you logon. As you can set it up to have multiple home pages. I have 6 (Anand's forum, Hippy's Pub, Slashdot, HardOCP, The Register, & JC News 'n links) different webpages that open up as my home pages every time I open the Opera browser. You can tile or cascade the different webpages inside Opera, or you can have them fully open with a Tab bar along the top (you know like the way Windows 'Display Properties' have little tabs for each page), so whatever page you want, you just click its tab bar & it becomes the top page inside Opera.

Opera is also Java, Flash, Shockwave, Quicktime & acrobate, etc, plugin compatible (you just have to stuff arround a little more when setting it up).

I still also use IE5 though, for general browsing (occasionally when using Opera you'll come across some site using non-standards complient MS code, that needs IE4+ for it to open as designed).

Gatsby

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
Since i grew up on a slow modem,I use netscape but I am REALLY surprised how much faster it goes on a high latency computer or a really slow one.

Gatsby