Poll: Intentional Walks - Good or Bad for Baseball

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: WHSLacrossekid
I always wanted to see a hitter swing at an intentional walk pitch

Actually Shinjo (formerly of the Giants and now in AAA Mets) did that when he was playing in Japan. He just stepped out and hit it to LF and I think his team won b/c of that :)

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I don't know if the rules are different in Japan but if you hit the ball with a foot outside the batter's box you're out.

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: PipBoy
I don't know if the rules are different in Japan but if you hit the ball with a foot outside the batter's box you're out.

Actually I should have rephrased my words...I'm not sure if he stepped out of the box or whatever. I remember seeing a clip of it, but don't remember the details.

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: anxi80
i dont like when they do them, but i understand its part of the game and its stragety. it cant really be prevented either, you cant force a pitcher to throw strikes or at least a pitch near the plate.

edit: forgot to add, so yeah, im impartial.

wth is stragety?lol

j/k:D:beer:

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: PipBoy

its' that way here too. why else would there be a batters box?