Poll: Inauguration attendance will Trump lie?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will Trump lie about inauguration attandance?

• Yes

Votes: 79 94.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
You can always tell when Conway's lying/spinning, she gets that grin/smirk on her face. She'd suck at poker.

I'd think the opposite actually, Kelly Anne and her boss have that smirk etched on their faces.

But the lying thing is a constant, who would know otherwise.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I figure if you are out protesting instead of being protested, you're doing politics wrong.
True, but there are two groups protesting. One group consists of the usual suspects who have no life, no clue, and no marketable skills. But the other group consists of people who have a marketable skill, but want to be seen protesting. I think these people feel this is the next big civil rights struggle and they want in on the ground floor.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
True, but there are two groups protesting. One group consists of the usual suspects who have no life, no clue, and no marketable skills. But the other group consists of people who have a marketable skill, but want to be seen protesting. I think these people feel this is the next big civil rights struggle and they want in on the ground floor.

can't people have legitimate grievances and exercise their 1st Amendment rights? Why so cynical? The majority of this country just absorbed two years of hate and invective directed at them, their lifestyle, their skin color, their nationality, their profession, how they live their lives, only to see that hate and invective gain power behind the wave of an extremely loud, and apparently very angry group of what more or else appears to be "oppressed angry white men" that seem to believe their god-given specialness is no longer special enough.

I think there is very great cause to remind these people that the road will be very hard for them if they attempt to go forward with their stated goal of transforming this country into the oppressive corporatist dystopia that they have been championing.

I agree that this is not the sum-total of Trump's appeal. I think a number of his supporters have equally legit grievances and honestly hoped that this man would work for them, but you can't smugly expect that large numbers of people in this country are just going to sit back and take it after being cast as unwanteds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thump553

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
2b5s58sm36by.jpg

LMAO, most truthfull presidency ever
Actually that part might be true. Usually on the winner's sycophants and rare apolitical super-patriots attend/watch an inauguration, but this year there are probably millions who absolutely despise Trump and were watching just to be outraged in real time. That doesn't even count the people using Trump lies as a drinking game.

Of course, that last group is going to need a few days to sober up before they can be counted, but I think you can get my point.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
can't people have legitimate grievances and exercise their 1st Amendment rights? Why so cynical? The majority of this country just absorbed two years of hate and invective directed at them, their lifestyle, their skin color, their nationality, their profession, how they live their lives, only to see that hate and invective gain power behind the wave of an extremely loud, and apparently very angry group of what more or else appears to be "oppressed angry white men" that seem to believe their god-given specialness is no longer special enough.

I think there is very great cause to remind these people that the road will be very hard for them if they attempt to go forward with their stated goal of transforming this country into the oppressive corporatist dystopia that they have been championing.
Sure, but do you really believe that most of these protesters are not the exact same people who are protesting all the trendy lefty grievances? This quasi-professional protester class is unique to the left, but they reliably turn out for every left wing cause. As Southpark points out when they have posters with multiple sheets.

You know, the deplorables also got their share of hatred this cycle. Yet everyone knows that had Hillary won, her protesters would be few and mostly on her left.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Actually that part might be true. Usually on the winner's sycophants and rare apolitical super-patriots attend/watch an inauguration, but this year there are probably millions who absolutely despise Trump and were watching just to be outraged in real time. That doesn't even count the people using Trump lies as a drinking game.

Of course, that last group is going to need a few days to sober up before they can be counted, but I think you can get my point.
Nope utter bull shit. Obamas first was 38m vs 31m for trump.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sure, but do you really believe that most of these protesters are not the exact same people who are protesting all the trendy lefty grievances? This quasi-professional protester class is unique to the left, but they reliably turn out for every left wing cause. As Southpark points out when they have posters with multiple sheets.

You know, the deplorables also got their share of hatred this cycle. Yet everyone knows that had Hillary won, her protesters would be few and mostly on her left.

so...I don't get the point of discrediting their assembling because it's "Trendy" or some "professional leftist organizing." SO what? Obviously these aren't your people. Did it bother you when old tea baggers came out protesting government trying to take over their medicare, liberals under their beds, this Kenyan black man taking their country? I mean...taxes because yeah, it's about taxes and has nothing to do with us pivoting from Palin rallies to suddenly complaining about "taxes" behind the coordinated efforts and money of Dick Army and Charles and David K.

Point being--if you're going to call out groups for protesting based on their being organized through some sort of grievance or intent that you don't like, prepare to discredit all such groups of protesters.

The Deplorables...I've always said that was a stupid comment. I won't defend Hillary for being that stupid, from a political sense (I mean, come on--what is the use of you or anyone getting mad over that when we aren't allowed to give potty mouth Trump the benefit of assumed decorum? This guy and his supporters openly hate EVERYONE with no pulled words, but Hillary gets scorned for one word. lol), but don't be obtuse: she spoke about a very specific group of Trump's supporters which you can not honestly deny exists. Shit, several of them post here regularly. These are not "normal people." They do not bother with facts, reality, history, honest discourse. They simply don't care.

Trumpsters always had to remind us that he qualified his rapey Mexicans belief with "some of them are OK!", but when Hillary mentions that many of Trump's supporters are "Deplorables, but not all of them," we can't really discuss anything beyond that. When you successfully and dishonestly convince a large swath of idiots that Hillary is some profound evil, guilty of all the nebulous crimes that we can only assume she must of committed, you have done this country a great disservice by allowing the opportunity for this neo-fascist party to "take back the country for the people."

You guys heard that right? And I hope you heard what he was really saying. I have my bottle caps piling up. Worry not, some of us will be able to survive the New Peoples Republic of America. ....Though I probably don't have enough guns, yet. :D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
...as if "trendy" protesting is something we can complain about. Let me tell you, man: if you don't like protesting being trendy, well, you better get used to it over the next 4 years. :D

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
so...I don't get the point of discrediting their assembling because it's "Trendy" or some "professional leftist organizing." SO what? Obviously these aren't your people. Did it bother you when old tea baggers came out protesting government trying to take over their medicare, liberals under their beds, this Kenyan black man taking their country? I mean...taxes because yeah, it's about taxes and has nothing to do with us pivoting from Palin rallies to suddenly complaining about "taxes" behind the coordinated efforts and money of Dick Army and Charles and David K.

Point being--if you're going to call out groups for protesting based on their being organized through some sort of grievance or intent that you don't like, prepare to discredit all such groups of protesters.

The Deplorables...I've always said that was a stupid comment. I won't defend Hillary for being that stupid, from a political sense (I mean, come on--what is the use of you or anyone getting mad over that when we aren't allowed to give potty mouth Trump the benefit of assumed decorum? This guy and his supporters openly hate EVERYONE with no pulled words, but Hillary gets scorned for one word. lol), but don't be obtuse: she spoke about a very specific group of Trump's supporters which you can not honestly deny exists. Shit, several of them post here regularly. These are not "normal people." They do not bother with facts, reality, history, honest discourse. They simply don't care.

Trumpsters always had to remind us that he qualified his rapey Mexicans belief with "some of them are OK!", but when Hillary mentions that many of Trump's supporters are "Deplorables, but not all of them," we can't really discuss anything beyond that. When you successfully and dishonestly convince a large swath of idiots that Hillary is some profound evil, guilty of all the nebulous crimes that we can only assume she must of committed, you have done this country a great disservice by allowing the opportunity for this neo-fascist party to "take back the country for the people."

You guys heard that right? And I hope you heard what he was really saying. I have my bottle caps piling up. Worry not, some of us will be able to survive the New Peoples Republic of America. ....Though I probably don't have enough guns, yet. :D
You mistake me. These protesters do not bother me in the least, except where they throw rocks, vandalize buildings, burn cars, etc. other than that I'm fine with them, although yes, I don't have much use for them or the Tea Partiers. But it's a free country, and if they wish to spend their lives being petulant little snowflakes demanding their way I don't really care as long as they don't injure people, don't damage property, and don't block the roads.

...as if "trendy" protesting is something we can complain about. Let me tell you, man: if you don't like protesting being trendy, well, you better get used to it over the next 4 years. :D
lol No doubt. Hey, they were going to be protesting either way, at least this way they have a theme.

It is that perception issue again.

Some people think if you wrap a lie up in a pretty package and keep to shove it down your throat it will become a fact.
Um, that package looks like she had a stroke in the middle of a six day bender. Lying when everyone knows you are lying takes its toll if one isn't a sociopath.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Somebody is going to have to invent a lie-o-meter just for Trump and his handlers, where the peg is going to have to be infinitely adjustable toward the high side.

And then another highly scalable meter needs to be invented where it indicates how many lies comes out of the Trump camp, gets fact-checked and positively debunked, but then gets re-told over and over by the Trumpsters as if the fact-based refutation never existed.

In addition, another meter needs to be custom tailored for Trump whereby Trump's popularity index will start from zero and then read backward into the minus side with no plus side showing.

Of course, in paying homage to the new alternative fact category that has been created in order to legitimize/sanitize whatever lies Trump and his reorganized crew of swamp denizens come up with, there needs to be a meter made to indicate how more "alternative" their "facts" become the more they get debunked.

Lastly, a newer more robust LED meter loosely based on the richter scale needs to be designed expressly for Trump where it shows how severe his backing out of the lies and promises he makes gets.

And lets not even get into how solidly built the Kellyanne Conway divert-o-meter needs to be. That one is going to get tested way beyond the capability of present-day technological expertise.

Feb 4, 2009
Just as a mental exercise, what would some of our notorious conservative posters say if Public Schools started teaching alternate truth about standard subjects?
I'll give you an easy way out, just say alternate truths are not something that should come out of the White House. Obama was wrong saying "You can keep your Doctor" or the red line in Syria quote.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Trump is an abusive narcissist and we just found out that more than 1/4 of the voting public has seriously unsettling and unresolved daddy issues.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Just as a mental exercise, what would some of our notorious conservative posters say if Public Schools started teaching alternate truth about standard subjects?
I'll give you an easy way out, just say alternate truths are not something that should come out of the White House. Obama was wrong saying "You can keep your Doctor" or the red line in Syria quote.

I say rewrite text books say Putin rode into ww2 shirtless and single handed defeated germany

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Somebody is going to have to invent a lie-o-meter just for Trump and his handlers, where the peg is going to have to be infinitely adjustable toward the high side.

And then another highly scalable meter needs to be invented where it indicates how many lies comes out of the Trump camp, gets fact-checked and positively debunked, but then gets re-told over and over by the Trumpsters as if the fact-based refutation never existed.

In addition, another meter needs to be custom tailored for Trump whereby Trump's popularity index will start from zero and then read backward into the minus side with no plus side showing.

Of course, in paying homage to the new alternative fact category that has been created in order to legitimize/sanitize whatever lies Trump and his reorganized crew of swamp denizens come up with, there needs to be a meter made to indicate how more "alternative" their "facts" become the more they get debunked.

Lastly, a newer more robust LED meter loosely based on the richter scale needs to be designed expressly for Trump where it shows how severe his backing out of the lies and promises he makes gets.

And lets not even get into how solidly built the Kellyanne Conway divert-o-meter needs to be. That one is going to get tested way beyond the capability of present-day technological expertise.
Instead of going to all the work on the lie-o-meter, just make it a truth-o-meter, it'd last a lifetime and use little to no power,

Reactions: tweaker2 and KMFJD

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
It's lookin' like you boyz is gettin' all hyped up over fake news yet again. They can veer you guys off in any direction they choose and you follow along with nary a thought about what's transpiring.

Hmm, and from CNN no less.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

Rotate and zoom. Peeps all the way to the Washington Monument. A pretty stark contrast to the picture at 11:04 AM that suits your agenda.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/mall_attendance_at_the_trump_inauguration.html

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's lookin' like you boyz is gettin' all hyped up over fake news yet again. They can veer you guys off in any direction they choose and you follow along with nary a thought about what's transpiring.

Hmm, and from CNN no less.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

Rotate and zoom. Peeps all the way to the Washington Monument. A pretty stark contrast to the picture at 11:04 AM that suits your agenda.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/mall_attendance_at_the_trump_inauguration.html

:D

question for you, boomerhang: where did all those people that you actually can't see but want to be there in your googlepixel come from? Were they hellicoptered in? Because you see, the metro ridership numbers do not jibe with either you or sean spicer's perception of things. You can look at these photos and metro numbers for each year in question if you want.

Be sure to look at Friday numbers, though--not Saturday. Saturday numbers might cause more butthurt for you.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
:D

question for you, boomerhang: where did all those people that you actually can't see but want to be there in your googlepixel come from? Were they hellicoptered in? Because you see, the metro ridership numbers do not jibe with either you or sean spicer's perception of things. You can look at these photos and metro numbers for each year in question if you want.

Be sure to look at Friday numbers, though--not Saturday. Saturday numbers might cause more butthurt for you.
Look, I really don't care if you want to make up cute little names for me but just know that I will answer your questions the same as I would any six year old. Factor in that I am not fond of young kids and remember that as your read my response.

Here it is...