Poll: If the Pentagon was the only Landmark Attacked during 9-11

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Ok, q?.....

If the plane flew into the building... isnt it possible that the wings were not strong enough to do structural damage? Plane flies into building. cockpit and body of plane have enough weight to sear into structure, wings do not and break apart or disintergrate. I mean if you drove a vehicle into a garage, the damage to the garage would not show the exact outline of the vehicle, right? And since it hit low enough on the building it would not have the done structural damage as the WTC which was hit up so high. ...???

As far as the second plane... didn't we have military planes all over the sky that morning? I think I recall that the president made the decision to shoot down any plane that did not identify itself. Perhaps in this situation it was less of a risk to allow it to hit a building wing that was lightly occupied than to shoot it down and have it hit ..god knows where.

The level of conspiracy that this would take... airplane (with passenger and crew) all the people in the building, all the people around the area... seems to me a lot more ppl said they saw what the government claims (or close) then the few ppl who say different.

Who knows?

:)

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
They could have attacked anything, it wouldn't have mattered. As tragic as it was, it was a good excuse to get the war going. They were planning the war with Iraq before it, I don't know about the Taliban overthrow.