Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I can't vote in an American election.

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I voted today. :) Who's voting and when?

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Colorado. Last week. Got my ballot in the mail on Wednesday (IIRC) and dropped it off that evening.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I voted for the Nutrition party. im sure they will do a fine job. Almost voted for the Prohibition party but i like beer too much.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Going to try to vote early this week and/or next week. And because I'm going to try to vote multiple times, including on election day. I'm in it for the stickers--I love stickers!

being an evil librul-minded person, it is my duty to vote as many times as possible.

Reactions: flexy

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Dropped off my ballot in the ballot drop box on the way to work this morning. Lots of initiatives. The local lower taxes (let the minority 40% control tax increases) Tim Eyman didn't get one off this year. Maybe something to do with using proceeds from previous lower taxes initiative campaigns. Too bad so sad.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Voted last week. So many propositions, it's like we don't have a legislature or something.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I like taking the day off to voting on Election Day and make a whole day out of it.

wake up, go to the gym, vote, go shopping, play video games all afternoon, and then cook/get my house ready to host an election results watching get-together with my friends.

Reactions: Ken g6

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I will refrain from voting this year. I will probably start boozing again instead.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Voted last week. So many propositions, it's like we don't have a legislature or something.

One more way to dodge being on record for anything. Who me? I never voted for that.

F'n Americans love to complain.

The ultimate in damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't. Whining about being asked to directly vote on legislation. And no doubt these two whine just as loudly about how their elected officials don't represent them. Unbelievable.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Voted by mail last week. Got email notifications when my ballot was sent and then received back. Surprisingly efficient for IL lol.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Going to try to vote early this week and/or next week. And because I'm going to try to vote multiple times, including on election day. I'm in it for the stickers--I love stickers!

being an evil librul-minded person, it is my duty to vote as many times as possible.

I am usually preferring election day because it's easier that way. Normally, we're renting a truck and then from 7am to late at night we drive up and down in the area picking up migrants, trying to hit as many locations as possible. 4 years we hit a record,each of us managed to vote 60 times that day with a couple of guys we hauled around hitting 100. Needless to say, we had a blast! And a SHITLOAD of stickers!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I am usually preferring election day because it's easier that way. Normally, we're renting a truck and then from 7am to late at night we drive up and down in the area picking up migrants, trying to hit as many locations as possible. 4 years we hit a record,each of us managed to vote 60 times that day with a couple of guys we hauled around hitting 100. Needless to say, we had a blast! And a SHITLOAD of stickers!

crap, you are embarrassing to my now-pathetic efforts. I really need to step up my game! I'm going to one-up you, though:

I live near a Home-Depot, so I'm going to offer all those dudes that stand out there $5 each (I can usually count on about 7-12 of them at any given time) to help me exhume a bunch of bodies from the local cemetery, and then all of us--me, the illegal mexicans, the rotting corpses--are going to drive into VA (MD is non-competitive) and vote a dozen times each (using my drivers license, obviously), then drive up to PA and vote a dozen times each.

It will be a busy day, but I think we can do it all within 12 hours!

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
sitting on my kitchen island. will vote for johnson, no on all our stupid amendments and yes on our proposal to change how to amend the constitution in CO.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
sitting on my kitchen island. will vote for johnson, no on all our stupid amendments and yes on our proposal to change how to amend the constitution in CO.
Off-topic, but I voted No on changing the constitutional amendment process, because it occurred to me that requiring signatures outside Denver and Boulder would make it harder to get Democrat-leaning amendments on the ballot.

Which is probably what you wanted. :rolleyes:

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
Off-topic, but I voted No on changing the constitutional amendment process, because it occurred to me that requiring signatures outside Denver and Boulder would make it harder to get Democrat-leaning amendments on the ballot.

Which is probably what you wanted. :rolleyes:
It's to give representation to the rest of the state. Our state is the testing ground for national organizations....ex the anti fracking stuff that did not get enough signatures, MJ, personhood, the stupid single payer Healthcare amendment, etc. Most of the funding for this stuff comes from out of state.

I guess you belive in democracy as long as only the people you agree with are represented?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Does your vote count if you vote early and then die before election day?

That is an interesting question. I am sure it does, but I wonder if legally it should. Although, the ballots aren't marked so I don't think there would be any way to pull out your vote.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Mail in ballot is here, but still waiting on wife's. She registered a week later than I. We recently moved to CA, so had to register here, having been registered in Washington state for years.