Poll: How Responsible is Pakistan for the Taliban/ObL?

ufs

Jun 3, 2001
and it should. pakistan has always helped usa whenever she asked but i don't remember a single time usa helping pakistan resolve kashmir issue or any other problem. maybe government of pakistan realized that and now they are doing what they should have done a long time back.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< and it should. pakistan has always helped usa whenever she asked but i don't remember a single time usa helping pakistan resolve kashmir issue or any other problem. maybe government of pakistan realized that and now they are doing what they should have done a long time back. >>

I can't criticize an honest answer, as least no one's suggested I hide a ceramic knife up my bum yet:)

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Since Pakistan's government is on extremely precarious ground, they must be very careful in this situation so as to not ignite Islamic militants inside their country. Keep in mind that the "president" took power after a military coup -- he's a general with hardly a solid grip on legitimacy to power.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Remains to be seen. Neighboring countries are either allies or enemies usually. I would think from the fact that these too countries are so similar that they would have similar interests. I believe the majority of the Islamic fundamentalists to be correct in many ways since the presence of the US on their soil is not their wish. The US intervened in the Bush administration, fought for their interests, and left without aiding the people or standing up for the people....then they stayed around and randomly did missions(flying jets) around their homeland ever since. How would you like it if we had civil war and asked for help from the Soviets or China....and they didn't leave after the conflict. I'm sure you'd feel the same way they do. At the same time, the US was only trying to make sure that Kuwait was safe....yada yada yada.

I think what's going to happen... Pakistan will side with the US, but only because they are seeing the rest of the world also side with the US. They know that the countries of power are the ones holding the ball and they aren't willing to wage war because of something they don't have anything to do with. I am curious as to whom is actually responsible for the acts of terrorism last week. Osama bin Laden may be a prime suspect, but he's not the only suspect. The FBI just isn't releasing the other names because they'd much rather have the attention going to one person than having the entire nation wonder who did it and start throwing more false accusations. I'm sure intelligence is close on the mark when they put bin Laden on the suspect list, but these acts aren't his style. He does car and boat bombings....not fully coordinated attacks that require months of training and skill. Just a few thoughts.

EDIT: One more comment. I am totally for the US and also would like to see the terrorists that did the planning brought down. I just hope that it's done in such a way that it makes everyone see that we're the better people and that we aren't going to "punish" them with death. Anyone can kill. They proved that already.