Poll: How much do you love your Tivo?

Alchemist99

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2002
I've had direct Tv with Tivo for about two years now, and I can honestly say I would sacrice my left... than go with out it. Tivo has my vote for best invention since the advent of the Fleshlight!

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I dont have a real tivo, I've got a bastardized version of one from Comcast that's basically just a tapeless vcr (nothing smart about it!)... I love it more than not having it though!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I just had Tivo installed yesterday. I already love it. I just need to train it to ignore stupid crap that I don't want to watch. It already recorded some dumb western from the 70s. I like it though. Very easy to setup to record.

thejackal1

Mar 28, 2002
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
I just had Tivo installed yesterday. I already love it. I just need to train it to ignore stupid crap that I don't want to watch. It already recorded some dumb western from the 70s. I like it though. Very easy to setup to record.

I think you can turn off the suggested programing that it records. That's what I did.

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
Tivo works so well I take it for granted. There is a down side though, it's hard to find new shows when you never watch live TV.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
DirecTIVO > *

My ReplayTV 5504 for $135 shipped should be arriving soon.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
:| Don't use Allah's name in vain... you have a Yahwey, use that; it's sufficient. Do not scoff at other people's belief.

Alchemist99

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2002
Originally posted by: KGB
:| Don't use Allah's name in vain... you have a Yahwey, use that; it's sufficient. Do not scoff at other people's belief.

Allah give me the patience to tolerate such ignorance, what do you know about my secular beliefs or affiliations you presume to much! :disgust:

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Alchemist99
Originally posted by: KGB

Allah give me the patience to tolerate such ignorance, what do you know about my secular beliefs or affiliations you presume to much! :disgust:

rolleye.gif

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: blurredvision
I :heart: my TiVo as well. Definitely one of the more worthwhile inventions in the past few years.
Yep.

I watch what I want, when I want. I can watch my favorite TV shows around my schedule. Live TV sucks. :p