Poll: How many males can tie neckties?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I can tie a half windsor and a full windsor, but prefer the full.. It just looks better to me.

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
i tie some knot. it eats up a bit of the tie. just learned it one day hangin with some friends, now i tie it the same way every day for work

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
I don't know how I do it, or what the knot is called (maybe its a half Windsor or a debassed half Windsor), I just do it the way I've always done it (I'm Australian & at school we are expected to wear the school uniform, mind you we always had our ties loose & with the top button undone - a bit like the police dectectives in 'B' grade films when they're getting drunk at the pub after work)

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
I just know how to do a windsor knot. My dad taught me that because that's what the service taught him. Previous to that, he never wore ties.

MGMorden

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2000
I can only do a half-assed half-windsor (only learned it b/c the "goofy" ties I like so much don't usually come as clip-on's). I usually get clip-ons though if possible.

fake

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I learned how to last time I needed it on eHow.com I think. Probably forgot :(