Poll: How do YOU control Spyware?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I have been using Ad Aware for a while and it routinely picks up crap and is very useful in purging the devil incarnate known as Xupiter. However, I had been having trouble getting randomly redirected to Overture.com when I manually typed in legitimate urls... I added Spyware to my arsenal and it spotted and removed several "Redirected Host" items and some other crap that Ad Aware missed. I am now a strong believer in using both to keep the wolves at bay.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: waylman
stop surfing underage beastiality sites u sicko
I only visit beastiality sites where the animals are of a legal age, so piss off!

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
What does Spybot offer over Adaware? I am quite impressed with Adaware.
They just update their libraries at different times and sometimes catch different things. If you use both, you have max protection...

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
I use nothing because I do not install software that is likely to come with Spyware. However, I have found that a combination of Ad-aware and Spybot seems the best in removing the spyware from my moron friends/relatives that load their computers with spyware though my brother had some piece of spyware that was not in either of those programs' definitions.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
1) Do not use P2P applications like Kazaa.
2) Frequently scan your system using the two best spyware applications AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ReelC00L
I use nothing because I do not install software that is likely to come with Spyware. However, I have found that a combination of Ad-aware and Spybot seems the best in removing the spyware from my moron friends/relatives that load their computers with spyware though my brother had some piece of spyware that was not in either of those programs' definitions.
Spyware will find its way onto your PC even if you "Just Say No" to Real Player and Gator, etc...