Poll: House vs. Gray's Anatomy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: SynthDude2001
Originally posted by: Amol
saw GA in HD today :D

i'll try out House in HD on Tuesday

I :heart: my MDP-130 :D

:thumbsup:

and what's awesome is that I was able to hide my Silver Sensor antenna in my closet, so it's out of the way

I still get great picture quality ... 94% compared to 96% when it's on the desk

Cool, yeah, the Silver Sensor is a really good little antenna, I just have mine sitting on my computer :p. I get 65-85% signal strength for most of my (major) channels here in San Antonio (although I only need to use it for FOX really, since all the others come in over cable as well). Basically though, as long as the tuner can lock onto the signal, the picture will be fine....it doesn't degrade like analog, you mostly either get the signal or you don't (with sometimes some pixellation occuring if you're really on the edge). In any case, the tuner in the MDP-130 is really strong, I've had it lock and display channels fine with a ~25% signal strength. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got it working. :cool:

Unfortunately, while recording both Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, I knocked the antenna a few inches a few times and it lost the signal for about 10 seconds

So I'm dl'ing the torrent ...

Ahh, well ... it will be up and running perfectly at 9PM tonight...

24 :cool:

Mar 19, 2003
saw GA in HD today :D

i'll try out House in HD on Tuesday

I :heart: my MDP-130 :D

and what's awesome is that I was able to hide my Silver Sensor antenna in my closet, so it's out of the way

I still get great picture quality ... 94% compared to 96% when it's on the desk

Cool, yeah, the Silver Sensor is a really good little antenna, I just have mine sitting on my computer :p. I get 65-85% signal strength for most of my (major) channels here in San Antonio (although I only need to use it for FOX really, since all the others come in over cable as well). Basically though, as long as the tuner can lock onto the signal, the picture will be fine....it doesn't degrade like analog, you mostly either get the signal or you don't (with sometimes some pixellation occuring if you're really on the edge). In any case, the tuner in the MDP-130 is really strong, I've had it lock and display channels fine with a ~25% signal strength. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got it working. :cool:

Unfortunately, while recording both Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, I knocked the antenna a few inches a few times and it lost the signal for about 10 seconds

So I'm dl'ing the torrent ...

Ahh, well ... it will be up and running perfectly at 9PM tonight...

24 :cool:

I can't wait to see 24 in HD again either. :D

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Never seen House but I love Gray's Anatomy. It's basically a cross between Scrubs and ER. Has the surgery doctor stuff but is also funny.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
House--ven though the actors are wooden and the writing needs a lot of work. Grey's Anatomy is a sappy ripoff of Scrubs. Plus the obnoxious soft rock songs they play in the background through the whole episode drive me up the wall.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I tried watching both, and was disappointed with both.

In short, they both suck.