[poll] Have you ever stolen anything?

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Working in retail I see guys steal stuff all the time. Usually it's the desperate street people who do it but there are a hell of a lot of Joe averages out there who do too. I guess they get some kind of rush out of it? :confused: Have you ever stolen anything? Don't have to say what it was if you don't want to but you get bonus points if you do.

For the purposes of this poll I'm not counting pirated software, Movies, music or TV as that would include most of us here and on the net. I'm talking physical merchandise on a store shelf.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
One time when I was a kid I accidentally stole a 2L bottle of pop. I was holding it in my hands and when my dad went to pay for his stuff I did not even think to put it on the counter.

I forced my dad to go back to the store and pay for it after I realized...

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
Not really. On some occasions when I have a good chance, I'm tempted to. But I feel guilty because I can pretty much buy it.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Scouzer
One time when I was a kid I accidentally stole a 2L bottle of pop. I was holding it in my hands and when my dad went to pay for his stuff I did not even think to put it on the counter.

I forced my dad to go back to the store and pay for it after I realized...

Umm that doesn't count either. Thanks for posting it though.

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
I steal so much stuff in my lifetime it's a guarantee that I am going to hell.

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
I think the majority of people have shoplift at least once when they were kids.
I used to do it all the time.
Caught twice.
One time I knew they were waiting for me at the door so as soon as the door openned, I ran out of there so fast, baseball cards were falling out of my pants.(No they didn't catch me).
I think as soon as I got a job I stopped shoplifting.
I haven't physically taken something from a store since then.
If you count mistakes from online shopping, etc....then yeah I have stolen something lately.

Of course most of ATOT are saints.
They have never done anything bad in their lifetime

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
I needed a super-rare battery for a camera that I had. I went to Lowes to see if they had it, and they had one package left. It was a two pack, and the package had been torn open and one yanked.

Buying that single one at full price would be stupid, and I figured they wouldn't sell me just the one at a smaller price than it would scan in at (They would probably accuse ME of destroying the package and taking one to try and get a discount)... so I just finished the job and put the other one in my pocket and walked out.

I've had enough crappy wood from them that I don't really feel bad about it.

That's the extent of me shoplifting. :-\ Such a badass, huh?

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
i've never stolen anything although i have been tempted too. i see a lot of kids doing it but since i can buy it, i do.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
stole candies when i was young. i pocketed couples of smarties in my pocket and leave. :D

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Yeah, I've probably shoplifted 15 times, but nothing more than 5$, pretty retarded really. It was at college btw and I was out of money and needed stuff so here I am stealing razors and soap, etc ... FTL

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Does armed robbery and bank robbery count?

I think the most I've ever stolen is wages on some jobs where I didn't feel like I was actually EARNING my pay...(well, and the occasional roll of duct tape or can of spray paint...;)

OK, no, neither of those either...

Felisity

Sep 1, 2002
Nope.

Heard lots of stories about people stealing from CC when my hubby worked for them. Some funny stuff. People do really stupid things in retail.

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000
Yes. I stole a dried apricot that costs about 10 cents about 17 years ago. It kinda helped me straighten out because I felt so bad/scared afterwards, and I obviously can't shake the guilt/memory of stealing something that costs so little. I don't think I'll ever be able to move up to stealing something worthwhile like a TV or a car.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
yeah, I stole something fairly big. probably about $500 value at the time. :eek:

karma came back and bit me in the ass big time for that one. i had something stolen from me that was priceless and very important to me some time after.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
I used to work at Krogers (grocery store) in the produce department. I would "sample" the wares constantly. Testing the product if you will; mostly grapes, strawberries, cherries, occasional apple or orange.

But besides that, nothing really.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
no on one ATOT has ever stolen ... anything.

we also all have jobs making over $100K ... since we were 25.

we also all never EVER speed on the highway when driving.

we all also have very high standards and would only bang a chick as hot as Jessica Beil.

we also never have pirated any software, ever.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I stole a magazine once when i was little. Havent stolen anything since. Ive almost walked out accidentally with stuff. I have the habit of not getting a shopping cart for a few items and then will stick stuff in my pockets if i cant carry everything.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: legoman666
I used to work at Krogers (grocery store) in the produce department. I would "sample" the wares constantly. Testing the product if you will; mostly grapes, strawberries, cherries, occasional apple or orange.

But besides that, nothing really.

So you're the reason half of the strawberries I bought had a bite out of them! You did a good job hiding them on the bottom so I couldn't tell they were half-eaten.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Never stolen anything or even been tempted to. I even recall on occasions going back to pay for something when I saw that they either charged the incorrect price or forgot to bill me for it.

It's funny though, intellectual property I've never had a second thought about stealing (I haven't bought music in at least 10 years for example- although I'll gladly pay 100$ for a concert ticket, go figure), but the thought of stealing an actual item, even if for 1$, makes me sick inside.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I stole a couple PS2 games from Wal Mart way back when. Was really easy, and I didn't/don't feel bad, but it wasn't worth it so I won't do it again.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I lifted a bag of marbles when I was a kid.
That makes me feel kinda old :p
I think I might have grabbed some candy or something from that same store, too.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Just some road signs, city pool signs, and the school's STD Awareness posters. This was all in one day.