Poll: Have you ever had gaming rage?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Your WORST behavior?

• Damaged monitor, console, PC, laptop, TV, room, furniture, etc.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Damaged headset, keyboard, mouse, controller, optical disc, etc.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • No damage but bashing keys, mashing buttons, clicking mouse really hard, thumping desk with hands, e

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Nothing against physical items but screaming, swearing, jumping up and down, angry walking, etc.

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • I’m the Mr Spock of gaming.

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I slammed my mouse down and it failed to work after that. This was about nine years ago and I don't remember which game I was playing. I'd guess that it was Lord of the Rings Online, though, cause I was living with my buddy at the time and we used to play that for a while. I was probably half drunk too.

But besides that the only other thing I've ever done is yell or slam my hands on the desk. I no longer do that but I don't play much these days so I'm guessing if I played more I'd probably at least cuss sometimes. But I think I've mellowed out anyway over the years.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
These things, they get better with age. I used to rage more when I was younger, and now it's a rare thing. When it does happen, I try to recognize it and stop playing whatever game causing this. If a game is making you rage, a lot of times it's the game that's the problem, not you. Games are supposed to bring relaxation and pleasure, not rage or anxiety.

I avoid competitive FPS like Call of Duty, competitive RTS like Starcraft 2, and garbage like Fortnite and Overwatch like a plague. Fallout, Baldur's Gate like RPG and single player Company of Heroes is where it's at for me. I get my FPS fix out of single player Metro 2033, STALKER and the like.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Worst I've done is cursed after a BSOD, game crash, or internet connection going down during some kind of multiplayer thing. But, I don't tantrum about games.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
This guy's quite funny too:

He works in some comedy into his raging. "We go right over here...and click uninstall".

"On today's unsolved mysteries..."

LOL.

Reactions: Chaotic42