POLL: Have You Changed Your Mind?

Have You Changed Your Mind wrt Your Vote for U.S. president?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Regardless of who you were supporting and who you are supporting now: has anything that's happened this political season since the final candidates were selected caused you to switch from one of the four (including GJ and JS) to another?

Or have you been locked in and unchanged?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I have changed my mind in that I now support a candidate (although with more reservations than typical) instead of thinking I would purely be voting against someone.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Nope. Hillary is still a thoroughly reprehensible swine. And Trump is still a vulgar lout. Let them do a hunger games style event to hopefully get the reality show stupidity out of the way so that we can start over and maybe get real candidates this time.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I don't think I'll be voting at all this election... Not for POTUS anyhow... I can't put my vote behind any of these candidates and Trump is too scary to vote my party :-(

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I was going to vote Johnson in a state with Clinton commanding 99.9% chance to win. But I'm now voting Clinton because, Fuck Trump, and because Johnson is an idiot.
I know that feels.
I may still go with a write-in because fuck everybody (only eight states are more red than Nebraska, we're tied with TN on a 95.4% chance of Trump).

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I was also leaning Johnson for a time because I'd like to see more parties overall. But he revealed the shallowness of his platform so completely that I can't even symbolically support him. I hope Ls and Gs can find serious candidates to put forth so we can broaden the scope of our representation. Idealistic, I know.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Both candidates have been part of the NY landscape for many years.
One has been a fixture for decades, the other was our Senator for a couple of years.
No change in who I'm voting for.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I was also leaning Johnson for a time because I'd like to see more parties overall. But he revealed the shallowness of his platform so completely that I can't even symbolically support him. I hope Ls and Gs can find serious candidates to put forth so we can broaden the scope of our representation. Idealistic, I know.
Until someone with big money gets behind one of them it'll sadly never happen.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I made up my mind I would not vote for Hillary before she said she was running for president. I did not have relations with that woman!

Bill Clinton is one Ugly First Lady.

Maybe Hillary is a lesbian and
Huma Abedin is the first lady.

Last edited:
Reactions: x26

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
You know what the worst thing about these chuckle heads running for POTUS is? It's not that there are a few chuckle heads among 300+ million people, but that they were voted to the top by the real threat to this nation: the voting public. A few people out of 300 million would never cause the downfall of this great nation. But a majority of those 300 million being too dumb to vote for someone other than those chuckle heads could. And yes, I'm including Johnson.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I've voted for 3 parties so far over the years, (one was a write-in). I'm basically a libertarian that leans heavily towards the left. I haven't made up my mind yet for this election.

Do I vote for Stein which (1) is a bit better fit for my views (although she is a bit nutty) and (2) my vote would be an incremental step towards helping encourage the establishment of 3rd parties?

Or do I vote for Clinton who is the second closest to my views, and who could actually benefit by my vote?

I'm waiting to see how the polls are doing. Most likely Trump will win no matter what in my state, so I'll go Stein. If I have to throw my vote away since I'm not a swing state and we have a stupid electoral college system, I might as well throw it to the closest candidate to my views. But if by some miracle Clinton is in the running in my state, I'll vote Clinton.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I am voting for a Presidential candidate that is different from the one I voted for in the primary. But I never actually disliked the person I'm voting for, I just liked another candidate more.

Reactions: skyking

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Nope, have been ready to vote for Hillary since 2008. She is going to be one of our greatest presidents.

Reactions: guachi

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I can say I haven't changed my mind. I could not look myself in the mirror if I voted for either of the two major candidates and so I won't. The question is if I will bother to vote in the "emperor has no clothes" sham that is supposed to represent a free choice. Picking an evil is not what I aim to do.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I was going to vote Johnson in a state with Clinton commanding 99.9% chance to win. But I'm now voting Clinton because, Fuck Trump, and because Johnson is an idiot.
YeH...even though I've NEVER voted for a Republican...for ANY office, I'm pretty fed up with the Dem's far left shift. I'd LOVE to see some GOOD 3rd party candidates to shake up the 2 party system.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
YeH...even though I've NEVER voted for a Republican...for ANY office, I'm pretty fed up with the Dem's far left shift. I'd LOVE to see some GOOD 3rd party candidates to shake up the 2 party system.
Far left shift? They're like 1/3 of the distance from center that the repubs are. The furthest left politician is probably Bernie and he's an independent (and still only about half as far from center as literally anyone I know who is actually on the left)!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I haven't changed my mind since the final candidates were announced by each party. I did change my mind from before the conventions. I was always a Bernie supporter and thought if he didn't win I may sit this one out. Except if Cruz won the nomination. Once it was Trump I jumped right back into it for Hillary, at first a bit tepidly but the more Trump showed his true colors the more I became invested emotionally and intellectually. My state, NJ, is a blue state so I don't have to vote but I feel in this race it is my obligation to add another notch for her and one less for him.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I haven't changed my mind since the final candidates were announced by each party. I did change my mind from before the conventions. I was always a Bernie supporter and thought if he didn't win I may sit this one out. Except if Cruz won the nomination. Once it was Trump I jumped right back into it for Hillary, at first a bit tepidly but the more Trump showed his true colors the more I became invested emotionally and intellectually. My state, NJ, is a blue state so I don't have to vote but I feel in this race it is my obligation to add another notch for her and one less for him.
Wow, from Sanders to Cruz? Maybe just stay home on the 8th.o_O

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Nope. Going in I thought this was going to be a disaster, the biggest nutjob in American business (and that's a frightening thought) going up against the biggest career criminal in American Politics (and that's even more frightening) and nothing so far has shaken those beliefs.

The only winning move is not to play.

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
The attitude that "OMG both Hillary and Trump are SOOOOO horrible" is #%9king stupid. Get your ass off the couch and run for POTUS if you are the best thing since slice bread. Let's see how you handle the pressure or how great "your" candidate is.

Trump has lived a life of the American dream, groper or not.
Hillary has lived a life of the American dream and she is about to become President of the United #ucking States.

Get off your high horse already because you are just losers who can't comprehend for yourselves. People like you shouldn't vote, go back to wherever the $%ck your ancestors came from. You don't deserve to be US citizens.

Reactions: guachi and Perknose