Poll: Has/would Bill Gates ever overclock his own personal system?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Just think of what kind of cooling, modding, and overclocking you could do if money utterly weren't an option. So, do you think that Bill hotrods his system, or has ever tried it as a hobby?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Browsers are stupid . . . until Microsoft makes one. Broadband is unnecessary . . . until MSN could offer it. Networking has little use . . . unless you buy a Microsoft home networking kit.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Browsers are stupid . . . until Microsoft makes one. Broadband is unnecessary . . . until MSN could offer it. Networking has little use . . . unless you buy a Microsoft home networking kit.

What are you talking about??

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
I haven't overclocked anything on my system except my GF3. I also upgraded my LiteOn from 32x to 40x but that doesn't count as overclocking. Macs suck.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001

Microsoft has a history of belittling the ideas of others, appropriating said ideas, producing what they(MSFT) consider a superior product, and then telling the world . . . "see I told you so."

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

all joking aside, i think MS makes some of the best stuff on the market. I've bought mice, keyboards, networking stuff, and of course, software.

-=bmacd=-

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Bill doesnt NEED to overclock. But he does hafta move money just to goto the bathroom.

Filthy Rich is an oxymoron - When your rich, your never dirty.
~wnied~

all joking aside, i think MS makes some of the best stuff on the market. I've bought mice, keyboards, networking stuff, and of course, software.

I think his point is, though well made, Microsofts products are almost never original. And instead of helping those who originate a product, theyd rather drive that person out of business only to steal the same idea and use it as their own.

heh .."well made" nah thats not something someone usually places in the same sentence as Microsoft all that often. I've gone through 3 of their optical mice and 2 of their elite keyboard pros.

I think Im qualified to complain.
~wnied~

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

I am not sure about his computer, but Gates must have been overclocking current MS's CEO, Ballmer. Ballmer looks like Terry Bradshaw on crack.:Q

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0

I think that he means that Bill G wouldn't use a modded and overclocked computer unless it had a Microsoft logo on it.