*POLL* GUYS - do you get your nails done?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: MichaelD
I do and I like the results. Now, before we get into name calling here; I'm talking about a MANICURE. This doesn't include putting COLORED nail polish on, along with matching makeup and women's clothing!

NAILS, strictly nails.

My girlfriend manicures my nails twice a month. Cuts the nails, pushes back/trims the cuticles, etc. I hate long nails on men. I used to cut my own nails very short. My GF hates short-short nails...so one day she said "next time you cut your nails, let me do it for you!"

I do, however, opt-out on the clear nail polish. I know it's the "finishing touch" but it makes me feel "unmanly."

But anyway, I get it done for free; who am I to look the Gift Horse in the mouth, huh? :D

Personally, I like the way my nails look...neat and clean. But then, I'm a very clean-cut type of guy. No goatee and a mullet to be found here, buddy! :p

So, pick your answer from the poll above.

Pics?...Of the boyfrie...I mean't girlfrind....:D

I would not let her if she wanted to. She wants to wax my eyebrows too and the answer is the same.... N O

Me? Nah. Gay, I"m not. Just ask any of the women here at OT how much they hate me for my "womanizing and degrading" ways. :D I love them women. Especially when they are in the kitchen cooking, where they belong. ;)

The eyebrows are mandatory as well. Burt from Seasame Street looked good with one eyebrow. Normal men do not. I shave b/t the brows every other day, and when I get a haircut (every 2-3 weeks) the barber trims the brows. (BOTH) The unibrow is not considered attractive by the fairer sex! :Q

LOL, I have the Burt thing going on as well. I just shave between them every so often when I'm shaving my face. You go to a barber so your manlyhood is returned back to you...but he trims your eyebrows? I've never heard tell of a barber trimming anyones eyebrows

Nothing like a good woman ..... in the kitchen...

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
My gf told me she wanted me to get my nails done...I laughed and said if you pay for it. She shut up after that.

Alphazero

Golden Member
May 9, 2002
I just clip them every now and then and they look damn good. None of that womanicure stuff for me ;)

PeeluckyDuckee

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
lol, funny thread.

Manicure? No. I simply do the nail chop chops at home myself. Don't really understand or care enough to know what filing your nails is all aboot. :) I have almond nails and they do look nice. On rare occasions, my sis does apply polish on them, and even colors the pinkies pink :)

So, all in all, I think I'm pretty normal for a guy.....I think :D