POLL: Does the well of pointless topics ever run dry?

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

<< Nobody reply in this thread.... DAMMIT!! Someone replied! :D >>

again...:p

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<< I smell irony >>

<< nope, this is a good example of it >>

Thats the point, I thought it would be funny. I'm not serious at all about this poll

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< Nobody reply in this thread.... DAMMIT!! Someone replied! :D >>

DAMMIT! Who repl....

DAMMIT!!! :p

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
no it will never dry. Becuase everyday something new is going to happen that people will talk about. My dog just took a dump, what car should i buy, my girlfreind hates me, how many tiles are in your bathroom, whats your favorite letter of the alphabet, blah blah blah.. the list is infinite.

And hypothetically--- should it ever go dry, People won't hesitate to use the same old topics over and over again. I mean the well is already overflowing with unsaid topics, yet there are about 97 threads on the first page alone all dealing with 'what kind of car should i buy'.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Well, the forum is called "Off Topic". If the topics had a point, then this forum should perhaps be called "On Topic". No worries, as long as someone keeps putting nickels in Jerboy...

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< no it will never dry. Becuase everyday something new is going to happen that people will talk about. My dog just took a dump, what car should i buy, my girlfreind hates me, how many tiles are in your bathroom, whats your favorite letter of the alphabet, blah blah blah.. the list is infinite.

And hypothetically--- should it ever go dry, People won't hesitate to use the same old topics over and over again. I mean the well is already overflowing with unsaid topics, yet there are about 97 threads on the first page alone all dealing with 'what kind of car should i buy'.
>>

It's good we have those. If the useless topics dried, this forum WILL be extremely boring and people will start leaving the forum.

As far as having unecessary topics,

Pros:

Keeps people coming back to the forum

People learn new things everyday

Cons:

Moderators are not happy that it takes the valuable bandwidth

Sometimes it gets too repetitive

RONType1

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2000
yeah.. why is it called "Off Topic"? Why not "Everything Else" or "All Other Topics" or "Forum-O-Fun" or "Forum-of-the-I-Have-No-Life-Except-To-Check-Out-Hot-Deals-and-Chat-Here-When-There-Is-Nothing-Good-To-Blow-My-Money-On"???

Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Ok once again... this is a JOKE. I saw UberNeumans post and thought I'd humor him :)

But hey, at least for once all of ATOT agrees on one thing

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001

<< Ok once again... this is a JOKE. I saw UberNeumans post and thought I'd humor him :)

But hey, at least for once all of ATOT agrees on one thing
>>

so far its 20 votes to zero.. i dont think i've ever seen this much unaminity on anything before.

and i know it is a joke-but its something to think about though..... "will we ever run out of thigns to talk about?" kinda scary.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001

<< so far its 20 votes to zero.. i dont think i've ever seen this much unaminity on anything before. >>

i was just going to say the same thing :) :)

kazeakuma

Golden Member
Feb 13, 2001
hahahaha, you actually did it.

And it is hypothesised that one day in the future, pointless topics will run out. However on that day the universe will implode.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001

<< hahahaha, you actually did it.
And it is hypothesised that one day in the future, pointless topics will run out. However on that day the universe will implode.
>>

kazeakuma, did you vote yes???

what happened to the 100%??? oh well.. it was fun while it lasted

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
yes......it does run dry sometimes..
I've noticed that the OT forum is getting REAL bored recently! the forum became too repetitive...car thread...friday desktop..gal situation..
it's getting bored....I think Dannylove had his point...I think he did the right thing to quit.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001

<< yes......it does run dry sometimes..
I've noticed that the OT forum is getting REAL bored recently! the forum became too repetitive...car thread...friday desktop..gal situation..
it's getting bored....I think Dannylove had his point...I think he did the right thing to quit.
>>

its not that thigns are getting old-- its always been repetative around here.. granted- lately some of these threads seem to be apearing more than before. But you've just had to put up with the threads for a couple of months now and its getting old. I'm sure all the new people here love it.

and if you just learn to block out the repative stuff and focus on the really interesting topics then you'll see there is still a lot going on here.

if we all boycott those dumb threads that are getting repetative, they'll stop showing up.