Poll: Does anyone really like Nickelback?

The-Noid

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
I was listening to the weekly countdown on Sirius this weekend on a long drive and 5 of the 45 songs were Nickelback. Having not listened to this in a long time and being in the back of a friend's car, I simply had no idea Nickelback was even around let alone popular. 10 years ago or whenever they came out all their songs sounded the same, now it is just over the top. As much as I have read on the internet, I have no idea who is voting for these songs.

Clair de Lune

Banned
Sep 24, 2008
Only one song I like is the Jay Z remix of In The End. Damn catchy and uplifting at clubs back in college. Otherwise they suck.

mesthead21

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Clair de Lune
Only one song I like is the Jay Z remix of In The End. Damn catchy and uplifting at clubs back in college. Otherwise they suck.

Isn't that Linkin Park?

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: mesthead21
Originally posted by: Clair de Lune

Isn't that Linkin Park?

Yeah, that's a completely different manufactured pop "rock" group whose music all sounds identical. Get it right!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yes, there are people that really do.
Of course, there are also people receive sexual gratification from being defecated upon.
These two facts are probably closely linked.

Apr 17, 2005
i have a friend who has paid to see them like 3 times. i would like to schedule him for a psychiatric eval but he says nickelback r0x.

Razgriz

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2006
I used to, silver side up etc. Not so much anymore, their new stuff sucks hard, and even the older stuff I don't really listen to.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
You're talking to a nation that makes every single "Now That's What I Call Music" and "Kidz Bop" CD a fucking #1 hit.

Never underestimate the musical ignorance of the masses. There's a lot of country between New York and LA (pardon the pun).

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
every alt/classic/pop/country rock station in the nation apparently. I swear to fucking christ it makes me turn off the radio everytime one of their songs come on.

I delivery drove during college and would deliver to one of the stations so I knew some of the jocks alright (enough to bs with them and put in requests). They were basically contractually obligated to play so much nickleback during the day because the local stadium made it a handshke clause in the contract to advertise and sponser concerts. Nickleback was one of the huge ones and they also had one for shinedown.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: meltdown75
i don't mind them.

This. A lot of their songs become unlistenable after a few times but as far as cheesy, pop-rock music goes, they're tolerable. There is worse out there IMHO.

Disclaimer: I have no purchased or pirated Nickelback music, but if songs come on the radio they don't make me automatically change the station.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
I've never liked their sound, but ever since that "Scientific Proof Nickleback Sucks" flash*, I do everything I can to avoid listening to them.

*Which apparently no longer exists on the web (unless anyone else has a link). It compared two Nickleback songs side-by-side in stereo. They were almost exactly the same song.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2
I've never liked their sound, but ever since that "Scientific Proof Nickleback Sucks" flash*, I do everything I can to avoid listening to them.

Which apparently no longer exists on the web (unless anyone else has a link). It compared two Nickleback songs side-by-side in stereo. They were almost exactly the same song.

Linkin park had the same thing. Sad.

http://linkinparksoundsthesame.ytmnd.com/

Ryan711

Jun 23, 2004

*Which apparently no longer exists on the web (unless anyone else has a link). It compared two Nickleback songs side-by-side in stereo. They were almost exactly the same song.

go listen to most Boston, AC/DC and a myriad of other bands and you'll find the same thing on a lot of their songs

Krazy4Real

Lifer
Oct 3, 2003

I remember that! That was pretty funny.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I really don't mind them that much. They are definitely overrated in the talent department. Every time I hear a decent bar band cover their stuff, it sounds much better.

How do you make a Nickelback song sound better? Get a better band to play it. :p

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
Had Creed never broke up Nickleback wouldn't have been as popular.

I think Creed and Nickelback should have a rumble. Drummer vs drummer, bare knuckle brawlin'. Jets vs the Sharks.

Winner gets the others fans, the general public wins by only having one shitty formulaic rock band.

win win win

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
The one song that I have truly liked from them is "How you remind me". Other than that, meh.