Poll: do you think The Matrix: Revolutions will be good?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Originally posted by: waylman
Just like the first two, it's going to S U C K ! ! ! I look forward to laughing at you Matrix clowns when you finally have to admit that the entire Matrix franchise is a total joke. Revolutions will do just that.

Yeah im sure you were too busy appreciating daredevil to enjoy the matrix movies. If you hate matrix you must love ben affleck, its just how it works.

ANd i liked reloaded and im sure i will enjoy revolutions just as much if not more.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
As long as they don't spend too much time in Zion or have a stupid rave scene.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
It will suck like #2. And this isn't just because "it can't be as good as the first", but because it sucks. The special effects in #2 were garbage, so unless they put more money in in 3 they'll be similarly offensive. And the fighting scenes - well I suppose perhaps they can make them good. In the first they were good. In the second they were disgustingly boring, so that's up in the air.

I agree. I've only seen #2 once in the theatre, maybe I need to watch it 10 times like you people?

1 > 2

bentwookie

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Xafgoat
Just like the first two, it's going to S U C K ! ! ! I look forward to laughing at you Matrix clowns when you finally have to admit that the entire Matrix franchise is a total joke. Revolutions will do just that.

Yeah im sure you were too busy appreciating daredevil to enjoy the matrix movies. If you hate matrix you must love ben affleck, its just how it works.

ANd i liked reloaded and im sure i will enjoy revolutions just as much if not more.

I hated reloaded and can't stand ben affleck..so there goes your theory.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Every thread needs its troll
rolleye.gif

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
i havent liked them yet...well, hmmm

i liked the matrix the first time, then i saw it again and realized
A: the fights are all the same, and not that good
B: keanu reeves is in it, and he sucks
C: morpheus isnt really that cool
D: the story wasnt that good
E: some of the effects were neat though and were at least good for the "wow" factor with some of the never before seen stuff

i saw Reloaded and thought
A: keanu didnt die, but almost, so i was really aggravated...
B: the fights werent any better, a few cool moves here and there, but nothing to get excited about (one exception, see below)
C: the story still sucked
D: Zion wasnt cool, and the people chanting and doing...whatever it was, was not cool.
E: no sweet never before seen effects like in the first one, at least i enjoyed the effects in the first one. oh, those ghost like dudes were cool though (the twin type guys) and i enjoyed that part of the movie, and _slightly_ enjoyed the part where keanue took on several guys with weapons.
F: keanus ass = me wishing i hadnt paid to see this movie

ill probably go see revolutions for the hell of it though, but i wont see it as many times as im going to see Return of the King :D

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: lager
As long as they don't spend too much time in Zion or have a stupid rave scene.

I agree. Morpheus addressing the crowd in Zion was one of the worst aspects of the movie.

IEatChildren

Jul 4, 2003
The whole Neo vs millions of Smith battle turned me off.
I've MADE better computer graphics than that. The characters aren't even texture shaded. What's with that? And they slow down the action to show off their moves, which makes it even more apparent. The rest of the movie was okay, but it definitely wasn't great. I liked some of it, and I hated some of it.
Monica Bellucci on the other hand... *drool*