Poll: Do you think Jesse Jackson would be in Florida if Bush and Gore had been reversed on the ballot?

Bad Dude

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2000
He is a reverant and he should be in church preaching and not in FL running his mouth off. He likes to be in the spot light that's all. He is a worthless public image looking for a free ride. He wants to be Martin Luther King Junior.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Do you think if Gore was winning and Bush needed a hundred or so more votes he wouldn't be doing the same? [/b]The two party system is suck.

SHUX

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
After watching about 10 minutes (ok, maybe 3 minutes) of him on TV yesterday it is very obvious that he is definetly not very good at making a point but he is great at rambling on and on. He did nothing but say the same thing over and over while everyone in the back ground just stood there and shook there heads. They looked like them little dogs you put on the dash of your car, well,not my car, but you get the point. ;)

As far as him being there if this was the other way around, fat chance.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
:(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
:):(:):(:):(:):(:):(:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

SHUX

kmike75

Jul 16, 2000
It doesn't matter to me what got Jessie to Florida, what matters is that it was big enough to get him out of Illinois!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Guilliot

Dec 8, 1999
Of course Jesse is there to support the Democrats. And if the roles were reversed would the other Jesse (Helms) be in FL to support the Republiklans? Look, everyone is supporting their side, and that shouldn't be criticized.

I'm also making the point that both parties have their own repugnant figures, so go ahead and poke fun and JJ, but what goes around.....

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Steve: The Democraps should rightfully be terribly ashamed that JJ rushes to their defense. At least Jesse Helms has a job -- something which JJ has never bothered to do. For someone to supposedly represent the "working class", I find it odd that he's never actually been employed. Does Jesse Helms receive even remotely the same kind of press coverage as JJ? When was the last time that Jesse Helms was in the news?

Would Jesse Helms be done in Florida now arguing with the results if Bush were behind? No, he wouldn't be. He has a job and responsibilities in his home state -- something which JJ cannot claim.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
ride525: He calls home to whichever state has not given him the maximum unemployment assistance yet. ;)

denali

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well that's a tough question but I doubt it. Jesse seems to show up where ever there are lots of TV cameras so he can get on. BTW does he even preach anywhere on a regular basis? Or does he just hop from one site of civil unrest to the next.

DefRef

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
They showed on Nightline last night the kind of ballots they use in Chicago (Cook County) and it was a MESS. Totally confusing. They also had a "butterfly" ballot that Jesse Jackson JUNIOR was elected to the House on. Reverend Daddy didn't seem to feel the need to protest there, did he? They're just clutching for the last straw to find a way to fix the results.

Since the Buchannan hole was between Bush and Gore, who's to say that BUSH voters didn't double punch? Also, a lot of old folks play bingo over a dozen cards at the same time. How come they can keep track of that without trouble, but the moment they have to follow an arrow a fraction of an inch it's, "OMFG...I'm con-fuse-zed!"?

The ballot was approved by a Democrat, uncontested by the candidates and is only an issue because Gore will say and do anything to become President, like he's entitled to the job. I've seen that they've sent 70 lawyers to Florida to look for anything that they can claim is a problem.

Legal precedent is against them too. In 1974, there was a really similar case and the FL Court of Appeals ruled that "mere confusion does not amount to an impediment to the voters' free choice if reasonable time and study will sort it out?" The court made clear that the Constitution assumes the voters' "intelligence to indicate his choice with a degree of care commensurate with the solemnity of the occasion." They also declared that a candidate didn't have a right to a "particular spot on the ballot which might make the voters' choice easier. His constitutional rights in the matter end when his name is placed on the ballot."

Gore should just give it up and get ready to fight Hillary! in 2004 for the job. It was so close, but you lost. Deal with it.

Steve Guilliot

Dec 8, 1999
Andrew,
As if any of this "Job" business has any relevence. If I didn't have a job and pull a regular paycheck, would my opinion and efforts count? You diverge.

Also, I used Jesse Helms as an example only because he had the same first name as JJ and was equally repulsive for reasons that I'm sure you couldn't comprehend. The point is that high profile republicans would go to Florida to help their cause. That's to be expected when this much is at stake.