POLL: Do you like Michael Moore?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I don't like him. There are many good reasons to be against this war, yet he knows none of them.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
I like him for standing up for what he believes in. Doesn't mean I agree with him.
So do you like hitler as well? ;)

Michael Moore didn't cause the holocaust. And I don't disagree with him, I just don't agree.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
i neither like nor dislike him.

he's not boring, based on the clips i've seen, but i think he'd become irritating after a short while.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Bowling for Columbine was very insightfull and brougth a completly new angle to the gun control debate

That has to be the single dumbest comment I've read all night. BfC was about as insightful as The Brady Bunch. It brought nothing new to the table on gun control, and rehashed what had been done countless times before in more informative documentaries. Furthermore this jackass fixed his facts to purposely support what he was trying to say. BfC wasnt a documentary, and anyone who watched it thinking it was, proves the point that anything run on movie or tv will be taken as fact unless stated otherwise at the begining of the show.

~wnied~

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
no. he's a fearmongerer that utilizes disinformation to prey on the weak-minded. plus, he's revered by hollywood for his mockumentaries. if thatt isn't enough reason to dislike him, i don't know what is.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
he makes a few ok points sometimes, he shows heston to be the ass he is. but he is also an ass.

CFster

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
I like him for standing up for what he believes in. Doesn't mean I agree with him.

WTF are you talking about.

Are you equating free speech with Hitler?

Booter

Jun 7, 2002
The diffrence is that Adolf Hitlers opinions was not controversiall in 30's Germany ;)

Murpheeee

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
I think he is an interesting fellow

I agree with some of his opinions, disagree with others.

Jan 8, 2003

I believe what he did is better described by "using other people's air time to for shameless self promotion and spitting in the faces of kind people that presented him with an award"

godmare

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2002
Originally posted by: SammySon
Another 300+ post flame thread.
Excellent.
rolleye.gif

The poll is the important part, I believe. But you'll notice that you and I each got our posts in ;)
rolleye.gif

Originally posted by: halik
i like him. He seems to be open minded and goes against the status quo.

Bowling for Columbine was very insightfull and brougth a completly new angle to the gun control debate (the fear thing)

He's not open minded. Don't fall into that trap.

B00ne

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
I like him, very brave to be him these times in America

Bowling for Columbine was very intersting but only reassured me in what I have been think for a long time - Americas(ns) security paranoia. [saw it yesterday]

Stupid White Men was thaught provoking and pretty funny - instead of flaming him (out of blind nationalism and sheep behavior) ppl (here) should rather try to just think a little about the the issues he is adressing

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: B00ne
I like him, very brave to be him these times in America

Bowling for Columbine was very intersting but only reassured me in what I have been think for a long time - Americas(ns) security paranoia. [saw it yesterday]

Stupid White Men was thaught provoking and pretty funny - instead of flaming him (out of blind nationalism and sheep behavior) ppl (here) should rather try to just think a little about the the issues he is adressing

the problem is he spins things in his "documentaries" to make it seem like he is right. If you ever saw Roger and Me, you would see that.