Poll: Do you have your milk delivered?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
We have been getting our milk delivered to our house for the past 5 years. It comes in 1/2 gallon glass jugs and is a little more expensive but its damn convient and it taste awesome. Nobody in my family will touch store bought milk anymore.

so just wondering how many people here get their milk delivered.

http://www.royalcrestdairy.com/ << not the dairy we use but there are 3 others in Denver that delivery milk.

PRICE LIST

Got Milk?
Note: Milk Prices are available upon request.
Gallon(s) Whole Milk
Gallon(s) 2% Reduced Fat Milk
Gallon(s) 1% Reduced Fat Milk
Gallon(s) Nonfat Milk
Half Gallon(s) Royal Rich Whole Milk Not available in Colo Springs or Pueblo
Half Gallon(s) Whole Milk
Half Gallon(s) 2% Reduced Fat Milk
Half Gallon(s) 1% Reduced Fat Milk
Half Gallon(s) Nonfat Milk
Half Gallon(s) 2% Chocolate Milk

Quart(s) Orange Juice $1.59
Half Gallon Orange Juice $3.09
6 pk Eldorado Artesian Water .5 ltr $2.95
Eldorado Artesian Water .5 ltr (4 - 6pks) case price - Save $1.81 $9.99
Royal Crest Water 1 ltr (12 ea) Case Price $7.99
Half Gallon Apple Juice $3.09
12oz Starbucks House Blend Coffee $8.79
Pint(s) Half &amp; Half $1.59
Pint(s) Whipping Cream $3.49
12 oz. Sour Cream $1.99
16 oz. Cottage Cheese $2.49
16 oz. Low Fat Cottage Cheese $2.49
1 lb. Butter $3.59
Half Gallon Silk Soy Vanilla $3.47
Qt Fat Free French Vanilla Creamer $3.39
1 dz. Eggs $1.49
24 oz. Iron Kids White Bread $2.44
24 oz. Roman Meal Wheat Bread $2.49
19oz/6pk Sara Lee Bagels $2.99
1 lb. Mild Cheddar Cheese $4.79
1 lb. Sharp Cheddar Cheese $4.79
12 oz. String Cheese $4.94
12oz Sargento Cheese Slices $3.39
8 oz. Kraft Cream Cheese Cup $2.77
8 oz. Raskas Soft Cream Ch $1.99
Pepper Jack Slices $2.99
HG Lemonade Ready to Drink $1.89
HG Raspberry Ready to Drink $1.89

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Used to ... I don't recall a big difference in taste, but there was a big difference in price. I don't use enough milk to satisfy their minimums though, so I canceled the service.

Just got hit up for it again yesterday, and they say they have changed the minimum purchase plan, and gave me 1/2 gallon complimentary, so I'll do a taste test tonight and review the new plan.

They make all kinds of claims for it ... hormone free cattle, 2 weeks fresher then store-bought, their bottles block UV which breaks down the nutrients in store-bought, etc.

Not sure how much is BS marketing, and how much is fact :confused:

imported_Strang

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2001
Originally posted by: gourmettea
Originally posted by: Strang
Milkmen, knocking up housewives since 1860.

lmao.....i think they've been replaced by the FED EX/ UPS ...in recent years

They're making a comeback, but it's going to be an uphill battle. Women love the brown UPS shorts.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Armitage
Used to ... I don't recall a big difference in taste, but there was a big difference in price. I don't use enough milk to satisfy their minimums though, so I canceled the service.

Just got hit up for it again yesterday, and they say they have changed the minimum purchase plan, and gave me 1/2 gallon complimentary, so I'll do a taste test tonight and review the new plan.

They make all kinds of claims for it ... hormone free cattle, 2 weeks fresher then store-bought, their bottles block UV which breaks down the nutrients in store-bought, etc.

you should try the chocolate milk sometime. but to have a min order is standard, they cant afford to have a milk truck driving all over the country dropping off just 1/2 gallon bottles to 20 houses.

i have 3 kids and we easily go thorugh 6 gallons a week of 2%.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeah we used to go through Oberweis but they decided where we live was to far and cancelled us. wich is fine.

We might re-start it when we move though.

It was better then store purchased.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Citrix
Originally posted by: Armitage

you should try the chocolate milk sometime. but to have a min order is standard, they cant afford to have a milk truck driving all over the country dropping off just 1/2 gallon bottles to 20 houses.

i have 3 kids and we easily go thorugh 6 gallons a week of 2%.

I have 2 kids half time. When my family was still intact, the minimum order was fine.
I think before you had to get some minimum every week, but now can skip weeks. Have to look at the flyer.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Wow that is very cool. Are the bottles returnable like they were when I was a kid? I don't understand why returnable bottles for milk, coke etc ever went away since it seems to me that taking a bottle and washing it and refilling it is a lot more efficient than piling them up in a landfill waiting for some recyclable use. We don't have any home delivery of milk around here that I know of.