Poll: Do You hate needles?

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
I don't actually mind the needles themselves...they don't bother me at all

But I feel bruised for about a month after I get them...

I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled on January 5th, 2 fillings on the 17th and 2 more fillings on the 24th.

About 18 shots for the wisdom teeth and 5 each for the 2 filling days (I have exteremely high resistance to the freeze stuff so they have to keep me pumped full).

Now it's Feb 9th and I can still feel some of the bruises where I was poked in my mouth :(

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Yakko, LOL

I don't really mind needles.... but the TB test I had to get for college hurt. :(

Fingers

Platinum Member
Sep 4, 2000
depends how wide they are. ie if i'm just getting a shot then i don't care, but if it's one of those wide ass ones that you use to give blood then thats where I start to not like them.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I don't mind them...but a while ago I had a real ditz of a nurse giving me a shot and she couldn't keep her hand still or something. Damn that hurt. In fact, every other needle I've gotten gave me no pain...sure you can feel it slide right in there, but it doesn't hurt. Watch them stick it in...very interesting ;):disgust:

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I have given birth to three kids, so I have had lots of tests done. Needles don't really faze me anymore ;)

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I *REALLY* hate needles, but then I've been stuck too many times to count, so it's understandable... :) What I hate worse than needles is the smell of the alcohol they use first... :disgust:

Dave

Wah

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
i don't understand why you guys are so afraid of needles... they don't even hurt. :)

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Not my favorite pasttime, but I agree the ones for giving blood are very bad :( Or the IV insert *shudder*.

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
they used to bother me (up until age 11 or so, I was a pansy and would scream and yell). Now as long as I'm holding something or reading something or not looking at what their doing, I don't even really notice that they are doing it. I dont like to look at them do it though.

Lily27

Dec 24, 2000
I don't mind needles at all but what i don't like is when they tell u to look away or something and u get surprised by the needle goin in. i dont' know, i'm just weird like that :)

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Nope. Used to get allergy shots for like 5 years. First year was 4 shots per arm per week, then it moved gradually to 2 weeks, 3 weeks, a month, and now never. :)

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I am not scared of neddles. But I really dislike having to get shots and the like. Don't know why, just isn't something that is comfertable for me to do.

RipRidah

Oct 12, 1999
When I got my wisdom teeth removed the only thing I was scared of was the needle they use to inject the local anesthesia.

satori

Nov 2, 1999
I was at my doctor's a couple months ago (Woohoo... 100% clean!!!) and when they were drawing my blood, there was another guy in the room that was >totally< pale. I guess he'd been there for 10-15 minutes trying to psyche himself up before his blood would be drawn. When the nurse asked if he wanted to go outside and wait for a while, he practically ran outside and collapsed on the couch. :)