Poll: Democrat candidates for President

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Voted "Other to "See Results". ;)

I gotta ask though: Has the incumbent President ever had someone in his own Party try to replace him? If so, has the newby(can't think of correct term :D ) ever defeated an incumbent President?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: sandorski

I gotta ask though: Has the incumbent President ever had someone in his own Party try to replace him? If so, has the newby(can't think of correct term :D ) ever defeated an incumbent President?

Cheater;):p

I don't believe it has happened within the same party for a Presidential Election, but I could be wrong. I just wanted to post to call you a cheater :D

CkG

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001

i feel like there may be a fact floating around in my head about that...but i cant produce it.
sorry.
but please, anyone who knows...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Cheater;):p

I don't believe it has happened within the same party for a Presidential Election, but I could be wrong. I just wanted to post to call you a cheater :D

CkG

:p :D

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I voted for Kerry. I think while he has his drawbacks, he's the guy I could most stomach being in the Whitehouse. I wouldn't mind Lieberman either, but it aint gonna happen. Of course, Bush will destroy whoever he faces.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Lets toss a real wild card in here - the Clark/Clinton Combination.

Not HIllary, but Bill - again.

1) Since he WAS the President he cannont run for President - 2 term limit,
but he CAN run for Vice-President.

2) As Vice-President he can assume the Office of President if the President
were to resingn, or pass away while in office. He just cannot run for re-election.

3) It would fulfill the wishes of the Right Wing Conservatives to have someone to dispise.

I don't think Bill could be vp either

Did anyone look up to see if Bill Clinton could be VP?

I've spoken with a few people and they believe having Bill in as VP would have just of good as an effect as having Hillary as VP and still sets her up to go for Prez later.

Edit: I found it, Amendment XII excludes Bill Clinton:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Lets toss a real wild card in here - the Clark/Clinton Combination.

Not HIllary, but Bill - again.

1) Since he WAS the President he cannont run for President - 2 term limit,
but he CAN run for Vice-President.

2) As Vice-President he can assume the Office of President if the President
were to resingn, or pass away while in office. He just cannot run for re-election.

3) It would fulfill the wishes of the Right Wing Conservatives to have someone to dispise.
Interesting. Does this mean Bush-lite could run for a third term in 2008 since he wasn't really elected in 2000? (Assuming he wins or is reappointed in 2004, of course.)

:evil:

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
Well if slick willy did run as a VP how long you think the President would live, Be like the other 40 or so people that got in his way that are dead now