Poll: Democrat candidates for President

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
It's going to be between Dean, Clark, and Kerry. I think the rest are not in contention for pres, as far as I am concerned. Maybe VP.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I think it may end up being a Dean/Clark combo ticket.

THAT would certainly be a Bush-buster!

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Gephardt will be the nominee.

As far as my choice goes.....I would say it's a tie between Clark and Gephardt.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
3 "other" votes and no mention of them in here. Who are these mysterious "other" people?

CkG

Prolly people who didnt see a "view results" option.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
I am fairly impressed with Clark and his candor. I saw that first debate briefly on CSPAN the other day and Clark was talking about the need to balance the budget and reduce the national DEBT. Also, I thought he looked very comfortable in a town hall meeting he held in New Hampshire the other day talking about his ideas. I simply *cannot believe* :D that a four star general can be progressive on social issues! He would be my first choice. Dean would also be acceptable.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
3 "other" votes and no mention of them in here. Who are these mysterious "other" people?

CkG

Wasn't me but maybe they still want Gore or Clinton.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
I've been out of town for the weekend. Has Clark registered as a Democrat in Arkansas yet? As for Kerry, he voted to give the President the power to go to war whenever the Pres wanted to. I will not vote for a Democrat that did that. And Lieberman is on that list.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Whitling
I've been out of town for the weekend. Has Clark registered as a Democrat in Arkansas yet? As for Kerry, he voted to give the President the power to go to war whenever the Pres wanted to. I will not vote for a Democrat that did that. And Lieberman is on that list.

i really dont know how lieberman claims to be a democrat.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I'm a Libertarian so my vote doesn't count for purposes of this poll. Joe Lieberman would make a fine if unexciting President, which I can't comfortably say for most of the others on the list. I honestly wish a true moderate of the caliber of a Sam Nunn was running this go around to keep the rest of the field honest and stop them from pandering to the lowest common denominator of their base. As it stands now the winner of the primary will have been pulled so far left that I'm not sure they can realistically compete with Bush.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I like Sam Nunn as well. Max Cleland was also a fine senator from Georgia. Alas the GA delegation has gone to poop. Curiously, they were elected by pandering to the base instincts of the right. It looks like the spawn of Nunn may make a run if Andrew Young declines.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Why don't you do a poll on Republic candidates for president?

None to date have declared their candidacy.

CkG

Edit - BTW it is "Republican"

Why do you think none have declared their candidacy? And do you agree with that?

BTW - if it is "Republican" it is also "Democratic."

Torghn

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN Why don't you do a poll on Republic candidates for president?
None to date have declared their candidacy. CkG Edit - BTW it is "Republican"
Why do you think none have declared their candidacy? And do you agree with that? BTW - if it is "Republican" it is also "Democratic."

Gorge W. Bush will be the republican candidate.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Why do you think none have declared their candidacy? And do you agree with that?

Do you understand what "incumbency" means? How many "Democrats" tried to run in '96?
rolleye.gif

BTW - not it is not. It is Republican and Democrat.:)

CkG

Odoacer

Jun 30, 2001
I'm probably going to vote Republican in the next election (it really depends on what happens between now and then though). If not, then Lieberman would be my # 1 man (although he tried to regulate the video gaming industry... grr)

I honestly don't know much about the other candidates though.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

CkG

Do you understand what "incumbency" means? How many "Democrats" tried to run in '96?
rolleye.gif

BTW - not it is not. It is Republican and Democrat.:)

CkG

I suppose the point I'm getting at is, why would a Bush supporter who claims none of the Democratic candidates can beat Bush post a poll about the Democratic candidate? I don't trust a partisan Republic polling this topic. Especially if he's a Limpbaugh listener.

And again, if it's "Republican" it's "Democratic." If it's "Democrat" it's "Republic."