Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
how about another option:

all of you are a figment of my imagination

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000
Creation, without any doubt.

That is, after the 'big bang' the particles and dimensions were formed we respectively exist out of and live in. Then it took a few billion years for the universe to cool down during which galaxies were formed. On some planets with the right environment variables, life started to develop. Some of those worlds died prematurely. On the planet called earth life became very successful in the oceans. The first mass-extinction happened when the level of oxygen (a waste product in that time from living beings) became too high. Other species adapted themselves to use oxygen and this form of life reached its peak on land, in the seas and oceans with the dinosaurs. Mammals were the size of rodents during that time and played hardly any role. It was probably their size which saved them from extinction after the meteor hit the earth and nearly all dinosaur-species died.

About 200,000-150,000 years ago, those tiny mammals had developed themselves into a wide variety of species, including Primates. Some of those primates we call Humanoids, but those didn't develop only in the branch of the Primates. It is estimated that more than three different Humanoid species lived around that time. One of them (which is assumed to have its roots in Africa since the first fossils were found there of this species) spread out all over what we now call Europe and Asia. The other Humanoids quickly disappeared after those newcomers appeared, although there was contact between those different species (Certain genes, like that for red hair, are assumed to be Neanderthal genes). Then the remaining Humanoid species reached America during the last Ice-Age when there was a landbridge between Alaska and North-Asia, those became the 'indians' Columbus 'discovered' many centuries later.

And now we're here.

damocles

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
About 200,000-150,000

it's quite a bit earlier than that. that's about the emergence of more modern homo types

damocles

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
How about an option that says ' there in no need for evolution and creation to conflict at all'

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000

<< About 200,000-150,000

it's quite a bit earlier than that. that the emergence of more modern homo types
>>

You're right, I was confused with another big event :)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
If evolution required a creator/intelligence, who created the creator/intelligence?

xraymongral

Banned
Nov 25, 2000
Good point AmusedOne, I have often wondered that myself. Does our &quot;God&quot; have a God? Is he just some shmoe in his world of existance? Is he a drunken mad scientist and we exist in his lab? So many posibilities...

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000

<< If evolution required a creator/intelligence, who created the creator/intelligence? >>

Exactly, and the funny thing is that with this question, you're basically asking the same question as when you ask: &quot;What was before the Big Bang?&quot; with as difference that odds are that one day we'll know exactly what happened 'before' the big bang and we'll never know what created that 'intelligence' that created us.

You could of course say that this creater/intelligence was created solely by us Humans and it would make even more sense than saying that another intelligence/force/event created the creater/intelligence.

Let's just stick to physics to keep us from getting nuts by trying to guess and speculate things, shall we?

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
evolution with idiot behind it? HUH? evolution does not require anything behind it. did u mean creation with idiot behind it?

nirgis

Mar 4, 2001
Although I prefer evolution, I don't think the question could be truly answered unless we can discover other life-forms. I we find that all organisms evolve with common mechanisms then yes for evolution,but if we are the only life-forms in an enormous universe... well that just makes me want to challenge my science-based beliefs