Poll: CPU overused ? - 100 % already at any program (AMD700/ASUSK7V)

Platti

Mar 13, 2001
I'm in real trouble get my system operating. Found out, that the processor usage almost always is around 95 %, likely to be at 100 % and frequently gets the computer to death!!! (opening WORD is already too much)
Unfortunately sitting in China, not able to speak real Chinese, and don't get professional support nor am I such an expert.
Any suggestions, how to find out, where the bottle-neck is?:(

Supradude

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2000
whats running in the background? antivirus, cooling, misc...? maybe you need to clear some unused stuff from your start-up...

Platti

Mar 13, 2001
Thanks for tips - actually shouldn't be much, but I'll find out whether there is some useless stuff around (but first have to get the machine running - this is written from different machine)
cheers

Platti

Mar 13, 2001
Found out meanwhile, before the computer dies its "Windows 32bit VxD Message Server" MSGSRV32, which eats up all the capacity.
What is this about? Do I have any impact on this one or is it related to something else?
Cheers, Platti

Platti

Mar 13, 2001
thanks for the support link - great, even I not yet found out the all solving clue.
Fyi I'm running ME and it says the MSGSRV32.exe is used by Windows/system/Kernel32.dll,. file version 4.90.3000.
So I'm still on the search,
Cheers Platti

WarCon

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2001
Detail your system. i.e. mobo, chip, memory etc. Sorry if this offends any hardcore ME fans, but I think ME is the buggiest POS that Microsoft has ever put out. But thats just my opinion. :p ;) :D