Poll: Bring back chipbgt ! He fooled us all* and deserves some credit for it =)

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
Come on guys, you know it makes sense. That whole Thunderbooty ruse was hilarious and everyone* fell for it. Anyone* who says they didn't get sucked in is lying and I reckon that his night of mad neffing should be forgotten and chip should be re-instated as an Anandtech member. How about it mods (even you guys have to admit it was pretty funny ;))

Who's with me?

*Except Mr. "they-were-blinded-by-their-naivety-but-I-shall-teach-them-to-see" Russ :)

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Anyone* who says they didn't get sucked in is lying >>

I didn't get sucked in, and I'm not lying, so nyah! :p

I've got PM log screenshots to prove it.

On the other hand, he is a genius so I voted yes. :D

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I voted yes. I was sucked in but I did not think I had any real chance so I didn't make an ass of my self. I have the PM logs to prove Thunderchippy PMed me first.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I vote no, but only because he ended the joke too soon. He spoiled the fun I was having watching all the horny little puppies lining up to get their bellies rubbed.

Russ, NCNE

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Russ...

Considering that he's going to be gone, &amp; that Thunderbooty required a LOT of time to maintain, you can't really blame him for ending the joke when he did.

Viper GTS

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
I voted yes, Chip has moved up to 'hero' status with me. That whole thing was too funny.

<< He spoiled the fun I was having watching all the horny little puppies lining up to get their bellies rubbed. >>

LOLPIMP @ Russ

PH
:D

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000

<< He spoiled the fun I was having watching all the horny little puppies lining up to get their bellies rubbed. >>

HAHAHA Russ, any chance you could make that more concise - it's good signature material ;)

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You know, there's an awful lot of people around here using my material in their signatures.:D

Russ, NCNE

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
huh? Chipbgt was thunderbooty? I only saw about 3 posts from her and about 2 from him since &quot;she&quot; (;)) came aboard. Or was he banned for the neffing? Or both?

I vote that he should be brought back. It didn't hurt anyone and was quite amusing (I guess...)...only problem is, it could start a trend, maybe the mods could get some kinda program to find out which two members have the same IPs...that would get em before they could get started with a game like chippy did. :p

zippy,

He was banned for the neffing, and that's what he wanted. We already know when two members have the same IP.:)

AnandTech Moderator

Chooie

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 1999
IPs are logged for all posts, regardless of the forum software used. Its a simple task to find out who posts from where. :)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I voted to bring him back. He has made me laugh almost since the day he came here. ;)

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I wasn't sucked in, and I have the PMs to prove it. I think Chip will find a way to come back if he really wants to, I don't care one way or another.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
He wanted to be banned??

Eh, at least he went out with a bang and some laughs. :)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Zippy: He got a job at a camp, and he is leaving anyway. So he wanted to go out with a bang. But I still voted for him anyway. ;)

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Well, yeah. But what I meant was: what does it mean? What is the etymology of the word? Is nef the singular? Is it a verb? A noun? I NEED TO KNOW. :p

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
nef can be a verb as in &quot;your neffing&quot;

it can be an adjective as in &quot;your such a nef&quot;

it can be pluarlised (sp?) as in &quot;nefs&quot;

im sure you could find other ways to use it...