POLL: Ban JS80 for his disgusting comment?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: eits
his post was the icing on the shitcake of his existence in atot, in my opinion.

Deliberately getting around the word filter or use of foul language is a bannable offence.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
No, that's a pretty typical ATOT response. If this was a regular news article, you wouldn't care that he posted that. Well, to most of us, this is basically the same as a news article, since you're the only one that knew her personally.

i agree. people here have some twisted sense of humors. i can get that, i have a weird one myself. i wouldnt have bothered on that one, myself, because it wasnt funny, but its hardly bannable. there have probably been much worse things said in some threads that didnt even get a vacation.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
It was in very poor taste, but I don't recommend a ban. I'd be pissed if I were the OP of that thread, but some things just need to be taken in stride.

I suggest that eits lighten up, especially when it has nothing to do with him.

Sep 29, 2004
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
tasteless joke = ban?
what the hell is wrong with people?

Tasteless joke, but post on a forum about soemthing, get all the reactions. Live wth it.

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: xSauronx
Originally posted by: notfred
No, that's a pretty typical ATOT response. If this was a regular news article, you wouldn't care that he posted that. Well, to most of us, this is basically the same as a news article, since you're the only one that knew her personally.

i agree. people here have some twisted sense of humors. i can get that, i have a weird one myself. i wouldnt have bothered on that one, myself, because it wasnt funny, but its hardly bannable. there have probably been much worse things said in some threads that didnt even get a vacation.

QFT

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Originally posted by: eits
his post was the icing on the shitcake of his existence in atot, in my opinion.

Deliberately getting around the word filter or use of foul language is a bannable offence.

I got a two weeks ban for that. I demand the same treatment for eits, otherwise I am calling discrimination.

L

Lola

it was VERY uncalled for for him to say, but you have to expect that immature response here.

PS, that is so sad. :(