Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SOMA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Not much to see yet but it should be out this year:

It's a direct sequel to Dark Descent and I hope it has similar gameplay design. Unfortunately I think we'll get yet another walking simulator "game".

Penumbra EP1 & EP2 were solid games. Exploring that strange place was interesting and there were inventory object puzzles.

Penumbra EP3 was garbage, the whole game was basically a sequence of "escape the room" events.

I enjoyed Amnesia Dark Descent and am actually replaying it right now. Good level design and geometry, and exploring a ruined castle is very atmospheric and interesting. Also a good selection of inventory object puzzles.

Amnesia Machine Pigs was a garbage walking simulator. Due to the ridiculous aversion many of these horror "games" seem to have to inventory systems, item puzzles consisted of running around for miles while holding a single object in front of you until you delivered it to your destination.

SOMA is one of the worst "games" I've ever played. A boring lifeless walking simulator completely devoid of gameplay. Also any attempt at a serious story was quickly squashed with all those hilariously bad Borderlands Claptrap clones everywhere. I couldn't stomach playing it after 2-3 hours and uninstalled, then I watched later parts on a let's play which confirmed uninstalling was the right choice.

Reactions: OCNewbie

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Seems to be set in Algeria where the orb was found in the first game, though the crashed airplane means it's set years after. Sadly it's looking like another walking simulator, but we need more gameplay footage to confirm.